SOLVED-Karma system broken

Monday, June 6, 2016 by neone6 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

-Giving someone Karma in their profile doesn't work anymore, just eternal spinning "please wait circle"....A fix is in order maybe ?

Edit: Just did that AGAIN and  now IT WORKED ??? What can it be that gives me cookies preventing me from giving karma as it has to be something I visit frequently as it comes back All the time

Reply #1 Monday, June 6, 2016 5:31 PM

Not seeing that...at least for me...I just gave you karma on your profile page and you received it...no waiting.

neone6
Reply #2 Monday, June 6, 2016 9:06 PM

Hmmm...very strange as it has been like that for several months for me.

-I am using Ie could that be the issue ?

Jafo
Reply #3 Tuesday, June 7, 2016 8:48 AM

You're likely having a Cookie blocking issue on the Forum site....

neone6
Reply #4 Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:19 AM

You're likely having a Cookie blocking issue on the Forum site....
Hmm.. I clean my system often so that doesn't sound right to me... Any suggestions on how to go about this ?

Reply #5 Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:23 AM

Clear your temporary files and cookies in Internet Explorer...

neone6
Reply #6 Tuesday, June 7, 2016 10:34 AM

Clear your temporary files and cookies in Internet Explorer...

neone6

LightStar
Reply #7 Tuesday, June 7, 2016 12:15 PM

WinCustomize uses cookies to the max Andy. Everywhere, for almost everything. You could go on one computer and set the forums to viewed on everything, or view all your skin comments, then go to another PC and login and all those forum items and your skin comments are all back on that PC because there are no cookies on that PC. Go to another PC, same thing. This is a very antiquated method, and I really wish they would completely redo the site to be more modern and efficient and also fix all the bugs (and allowing of illegal activities).

Island Dog
Reply #8 Tuesday, June 7, 2016 12:48 PM

Cookies are used by most sites in use today, especially sites more complex ones.

And there is no "illegal activity" going on, so lets not go there please.

LightStar
Reply #9 Tuesday, June 7, 2016 1:49 PM

OK Spencer, but I just don't understand why on one PC I read items in the forums, or skin comments, and when I go to another PC they are shown as not read and there have been no changes to the post(s). I have never had to do that with any site. As far as the other thing, I won't comment further.

sydneysiders
Reply #10 Saturday, June 11, 2016 11:04 AM

neone6

Hmmm...very strange as it has been like that for several months for me.

-I am using Ie could that be the issue ?

for me too... In Firefox

teddybearcholla
Reply #11 Saturday, June 11, 2016 11:39 AM

neone6
Reply #12 Saturday, June 11, 2016 12:04 PM

-If he touches me, I will touches him !