A very special thank you.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 by DaveBax | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

I just lost a friend of over 30 years yesterday. He was only two years older than me. Lost my wife of 44 years a few years ago. It makes one wonder if you said and did everything you wanted to because when someone is gone there are no second changes to say or do anything that may be on your mind or exactly how you really do feel about the person if you haven’t already said or done it.

People tell me I’m not old. Nice to hear but when you are over 70 at least for me I believe that is old.

I’m in daily contact with some here on Wincustomize. But I have talked to so many people from WC here over my 8+ years being a member. Before I don’t have a chance it’s time to say this. Many have helped me to learn the ins and outs of Skin-studio to help me become a Skinner and continue to help when needed. There are so many, I’m not going to list names because I’m afraid I may miss a few and don’t want that to happen. Plus some have helped and I don't know their name. To sum it up if you need help and people here can help or advise, just ask and you will get it.

For all the people who I’m in contact with, have helped me, have downloaded and liked my skins, and who have just been here for me for any reason. I would like to thank all of you so very much.

For Stardock I thank you for the work you do and the great programs you make that have really helped me to keep busy, and make my computer look the way I like it to. To the Mods that keep the forums running smoothly, create post, etc. keep up the great work. It takes co-operation and good people to keep something going and this organization has that.

So not to worry as of now I’m feeling fine and not saying this because of any reason except I want you all to know how much I have appreciated this place. It's the family you never met but you know they are there.

Dave

Jafo
Reply #1 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:58 AM

Dave....the world's a better place for your being in it...

Hankers
Reply #2 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:27 AM

Dave....the world's a better place for your being in it...

+10

Reply #3 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:41 AM

Dave....the world's a better place for your being in it...

My sentiment exactly. Hank...your ten and up you +1.

RedneckDude
Reply #4 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:39 AM

Super Dave, you have been a friend to me and my wife and we both have enjoyed talking to you, both on Skype, and on the phone.

We love you as one of our own and will always be here when you need a friend. You have been a blessing to us.

Thank YOU for all that you do and for being part of our lives.

Now, go skin something......

LightStar
Reply #5 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:52 AM

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend yesterday Dave, my sympathies. You know my story, so we both know losses are tough. You are appreciated here for sure though!

WOM
Reply #6 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:59 AM

Believe it or not, there are a lot of us over 60 on this site.  And as you know I Skype a lot of people, you being one.  Like you, this is my home away from home.

neone6
Reply #7 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 12:30 PM

No, thank YOU Dave !

Hankers
Reply #8 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 1:12 PM

Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

willistuder
Reply #9 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 1:13 PM

Wincustomize is definitely a better place with you being around, Dave.

teddybearcholla
Reply #10 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 2:06 PM

I'm with them, Dave....  Thank you for being you, we wouldn't want you any other way!!

Uvah
Reply #11 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 2:12 PM

Being that you're my sometimes protagonist I wouldn't want it any other way. God bless you DB.

gmc2
Reply #12 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 3:16 PM

Dave, sorry for your losses and thank you for being here. Your presence is appreciated.

frankell
Reply #13 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 5:05 PM

I'm really close to you, time is passing but the feeling of the good days will always remain.

Stramp
Reply #14 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 5:07 PM

I would like to quote everyone Dave! You've been an exceptional influence here and for me especially. I also am sorry for your loss I have had a couple close friends pass also lately and know you must express your inner feelings as no one no matter how old is gauranteed another day. Still thankful I'm above ground!

DaveBax
Reply #15 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 5:41 PM

I wrote the above really not about me losing my friend. It just reminded me there is no time limit on age when one leaves this World. Just wanted to make sure you know my feelings about you all and Stardock for their work.

Really appreciate the comments as it makes me feel very welcome here.

starkers
Reply #16 Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:43 PM

Quoting Jafo,

Dave....the world's a better place for your being in it...

My sentiment exactly. Hank...your ten and up you +1.

I'll see your 11 and raise you a hundred.

None of us are getting any younger, Dave, least of all you.  You're among the oldest of old farts here, along with Doc, and it is great to see you both on a regular if not daily basis.  I mean, who else would provide the heightened level of wit and sass with the style and pizzazz that you both do?   Nobody!  Jafo tries, and even though he's older than dirt, simply, he lacks the experience of time served to be as successfully sassy as....

I have to admit that I've not downloaded all your skins, but then I've not downloaded much of anything in recent times.  In fact, I haven't changed my desktop in yonks... like about 6 - 7 months or so.  It's usually more frequently than that, but I've had other priorities of late, and what I have up is pleasing enough... for now.  I will, however, look into downloading some fresh skins now that I'm more settled in my own place.

And yeah, what everyone else said, the world is a better place with you in it, Dave.

sydneysiders
Reply #17 Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:21 AM

lovely post and lovely comments.... and a big ditto from me...

Destrohelix
Reply #18 Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6:37 AM

Thank you Dave,you're a great man..Don't know how you survived in 44 years without your wife..you like a teacher and family to me..

Wizard1956
Reply #19 Wednesday, December 30, 2015 10:32 AM

Mr. DB, you are a true and valued friend. Not only are you an asset here at WC, you must surely be one everywhere you are known. I'll say you are welcome in reply to your wonderful post, and a very special Thank You to you as well.

Phoon
Reply #20 Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6:38 PM

Supreme post Dave.

You're a gem and as Wiz said, you must be one everywhere you are known.

Thank YOU for making us all feel so warm.