Thought for the day

Thursday, April 16, 2015 by MouseGoddess | Discussion: Community

"If you planted hope today in any hopeless heart, If someone's burden was lighter because you did your part, If you caused a laugh that chased a tear away, If tonight your name is mentioned when someone kneels to pray, Then your day was well spent."

Jafo
Reply #1 Thursday, April 16, 2015 6:55 PM

If each day you just walked a mile in my shoes...

At the end of the week you'd be 7 miles away...

...and you'd still have my shoes...

teddybearcholla
Reply #2 Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:13 PM

RedneckDude
Reply #3 Thursday, April 16, 2015 10:29 PM

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

Wizard1956
Reply #4 Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:29 PM

Some chickens think people have beaks.

Philly0381
Reply #5 Friday, April 17, 2015 12:28 AM

In life everyone has an equal chance to fail, unfortunately we never hear enough about those that don't.

Reply #6 Friday, April 17, 2015 7:48 AM

That's a fine thought, MouseGoddess.

sydneysiders
Reply #7 Friday, April 17, 2015 8:26 AM

that is a very nice thought Mousegoddess.....

funny you should say that..... I spoke to a woman on the phone today I didn't know....she'd recently lost her dog of 17 years... and today, just walked up from the paddock from having to have her 8 year old horse put down by the vet for colic.... having lost many animals myself, I had the opportunity to console and commiserate with her... she was in tears... and we both ended up in tears... but I left her feeling much better... and she was so grateful for the 'shoulder' to cry on... it was bizarre... I'll never talk to her again... but we had quite a connection... it took just a smidgeon of pain from her day... I felt privileged to be able to be there at that random moment for her... life is funny...aye....

MouseGoddess
Reply #8 Friday, April 17, 2015 5:33 PM

sydneysiders

that is a very nice thought Mousegoddess.....

And I'll bet neither of you will ever forget it.

starkers
Reply #9 Friday, April 17, 2015 10:20 PM

My thought for the day: Do unto others before they can do unto you... give them that hug first, then they'll know that theirs was/is truly appreciated.

Uvah
Reply #10 Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:41 PM

Still go it.

Chasbo
Reply #11 Saturday, April 18, 2015 1:48 PM

"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead."

Theodore Roosevelt

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.”

Franklin Roosevelt

Badgename
Reply #12 Saturday, April 18, 2015 5:22 PM

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.     Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Groucho Marx

sydneysiders
Reply #13 Saturday, April 18, 2015 8:42 PM

Instead of seeing the rug pulled from under us,
we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet.

Thomas Crum

Wizard1956
Reply #14 Saturday, April 18, 2015 9:22 PM

Do someone a good deed every day....and don't get caught doing it.

TechnoBearDan
Reply #15 Sunday, April 19, 2015 1:38 PM

It doesn't matter what your mode of travel on the road of life

as long as you're not standing still.

(and as long as you leave)

starkers
Reply #16 Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:55 PM

Just when you think you've eaten all the shit sandwiches you can stomach, spare a thought for the poor sewage workers who have to deal with the output.

starkers
Reply #17 Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:57 PM

In other words, there's always somebody in a worse situation than yourself.

Uvah
Reply #18 Monday, April 20, 2015 12:25 PM

There are only two important days in your life. The day you are born and the day you find out why.

Mark Twain

MouseGoddess
Reply #19 Tuesday, April 21, 2015 11:10 PM

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
-- Michael Pritchard

starkers
Reply #20 Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:05 PM

If you're dizzy and feel like life is constantly going around in circles, stop nailing one shoe to the floor.

Me

In other words, hit the ground with both feet running if you wanna get anywhere.