Winstep Xtreme 14.11 Update

Maintenance Update

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 by RedneckDude | Discussion: Skinning

Guys, I can't imagine why Jorge hasn't made an announcement, but I found out today, via Wizard1956, that Winstep Xtreme has been updated.

Bug fixes and weather feed fixed!  YAY Jorge!!!!  Thanks a bunch, man!!!

Winstep Xtreme v14.11 Released!

November 7, 2014

Restored weather feed for weather forecast and more in this maintenance release!

Reply #1 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 6:59 PM

Just to be clear, this is the WinSTEP 14.11 Update.

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:18 PM

Correct. What update did you expect?  It's a recent update. The weather is now fixed.

Jorge was just talking to me about it on Facebook. I thanked him.

Aussie007
Reply #3 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:32 PM

I received a pop up message when I fired up my computer telling me that there was a update.

Macca

RedneckDude
Reply #4 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:37 PM

Of course, anyone running an older version would need to buy a renewal key.

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:39 PM

Aussie007

Macca

Well, since the weather stopped working, I hadn't been using it. So I missed that popup.

Reply #6 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:04 PM

RedneckDude

What update did you expect?

Since you neglected to mention the version in your OP, I added it in my reply.

There a problem with that?

DaveBax
Reply #7 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:04 PM

Cool. Guess it still doesn't have the theme maker with it. Thanks for the info.

Phoon
Reply #8 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:38 PM

RedneckDude

Of course, anyone running an older version would need to buy a renewal key.

Not sure about that Jim.

He did make this comment in the beta software discussion section of his forums:

I set the internal hard coded date of the v14.11 update (the date that is used to validate the license key) to July 21 2012 (i.e.; four months after the last v12.1 update).

This way it will work with existing license keys without the users needing to renew their upgrade subscriptions (which would not be fair since the last update was two years ago - they would have gotten nothing for their money's worth!).

I went ahead and bought a new license anyway

starkers
Reply #9 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 9:09 PM

I am so pleased that Jorge is back on the job and giving Winstep some TLC again... it is the greatest news and I'm so over the moon about it.

If you're reading this, Jorge, welcome back and all the best to you.

RedneckDude
Reply #10 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 9:18 PM

There a problem with that?
No sir. Just confused the redneck.

RedneckDude
Reply #11 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 9:20 PM

Phoon

Quoting RedneckDude,

Of course, anyone running an older version would need to buy a renewal key.

Not sure about that Jim.

He did make this comment in the beta software discussion section of his forums:

I went ahead and bought a new license anyway

As did I.

Anyone not buying the renewal license would just need to ignore the nag to renew, which can be turned off in settings.

Aussie007
Reply #12 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 10:59 PM

In the popup it was listed as a free upgrade. I was using version 12.

Macca