My Account Apparently Deleted

can't even contact support

Friday, November 14, 2014 by AceMatrix | Discussion: Personal Computing

I don't know what is going on. I'm not even able to send anything to Stardock support , as it rejects it and says my login information is invalid, therefore I have no recourse but to post here and see if it can be resolved. My object Desktop manager says I have no subscription to Wincustomize or to Object Desktop and has no listing of any of my software to download, it's just a blank list. I was also contacted by the Administrators of my image hosting site in response to an inquiry I had sent regarding my account there. My account had been deleted by a hacker , thus literally hundreds of images I had stored there relating to my work on the Wincustomize site were wiped out. Oddly enough, they told me that my account was the only one affected. What is very strange is that the images that were stored there were dedicated only to the Wincustomize site and were not linked to any other website. I'm going to simply cut my losses and be done with it and everything else, but I would like to at least get back what I paid for at Stardock and Wincustomize.       -- Ace --

LightStar
Reply #1 Friday, November 14, 2014 10:49 AM

You should probably email support@stardock.com directly Ace. I still find lots of your great work here on the site, about 37 submissions or so, so evidently it's just a glitch in the system that I am sure can be corrected. It would be a shame to not have you still designing here on the site.

AceMatrix
Reply #2 Friday, November 14, 2014 11:12 AM

Actually , I had to move into damage control and create another account at my hosting site and I scrambled to dig up some local images that I still had stored on my computer so as to cover some of the preview links I had listed for my different packages, but a vast majority of them no longer exist, and the links come up as blank pages. Quite a loss in terms of the quantity of images that I had. Thank-you for your support though Tom, I appreciate it.

Reply #3 Friday, November 14, 2014 11:23 AM

Ace...SD has backups...I'm sure.

Just please contact Support and include the url of this thread.

DaveBax
Reply #4 Friday, November 14, 2014 11:46 AM

Send to support yes. However maybe he can't as he has stated above.

"I'm not even able to send anything to Stardock support"

Wizard1956
Reply #5 Friday, November 14, 2014 12:46 PM

Ace, try to log in here: Use the same email addy you used when you created the account.

Then click on Forgot Password,   https://www.stardock.com/accounts/resetpassword  is where it will take you.

and  reset your old one to a new one.

Good luck, and now that you are in these forums, you are among friends who can and will help you.

At the very least, PM ID, he can hook you back up. IslandDog ain't hangin' out on WC  just to make the site pretty.

Wizard1956
Reply #6 Friday, November 14, 2014 12:55 PM

P.S. You can PM me also, if need be, for advice......but for account handling you will really need to deal with SD directly. They, for obvious security reasons, cannot discuss such things in a public forum.

P.S. Wizard1956 has subscribed to this post.

AceMatrix
Reply #7 Friday, November 14, 2014 1:09 PM

O.K ,  thanks guys , I'm going to give it another shot at trying to contact Stardock support. Stand by and I'll let you know how it goes in a bit.      -- Ace --

AceMatrix
Reply #8 Friday, November 14, 2014 2:12 PM

O.K. , success....I was at least able to finally get a ticket submitted thankfully. I'm happy about that at least , now I'll just be patient and I'm sure they can fix things from here. It's been a stressful start for my day today, but I want to thank you fellas for jumping on here and keeping me focused, I sincerely appreciate all of you.       -- Ace --

WebGizmos
Reply #9 Friday, November 14, 2014 2:48 PM

sdRohan
Reply #10 Friday, November 14, 2014 2:51 PM

Log out of ODM and then back in. They will be there then.

RedneckDude
Reply #11 Friday, November 14, 2014 2:52 PM

DaveBax

"I'm not even able to send anything to Stardock support"

Dave, that does not apply to email.  Yer showin yer age, old man....

AceMatrix
Reply #12 Friday, November 14, 2014 3:41 PM

sdRohan

Log out of ODM and then back in. They will be there then.

O.K. ,that worked. Everything is back to normal ,thank-you so much I really appreciate it.     -- Ace --

Reply #13 Friday, November 14, 2014 5:56 PM

Bravo!

sdRohan and SD Support: WIN!