For Sir Dave Bax

Amazed by the goodness of some people in this world

Saturday, February 8, 2014 by neone6 | Discussion: Community

What I am about to write is Extremely hard to do as I don´t wan´t to come off as Overly praising neither Ungrateful for the gift that has been given to us...

Me & Dave got to talk a while back about the universe, life, promotions & everything and he finished off the PM rather cryptically saying that he assumed me n Kitteh use Wacom Pads or similar to create our original graphics.

At a later date again cryptically he started to talk about techniques in digital design, digital illustrating & similar, about his wishes to become a better artist and what measures one could take & try to achieve that. He told me about his purchase of a Wacom Intuos 5 tablet / pad for digital illustrating and that he tried it a couple of times, but realized that it was not for him for several different reasons.

Here it comes......

He then said that he thought Me & Kitteh were the kinds of people this thing was made for and that he thought that if anyone could put this to "Good use" it was us...... -He wanted to give, yes GIVE ! it to us for his own personal reasons...

-It arrived the other day, As NEW In The Box & we only just started to work out some of the things it can do (It´s an advanced thingo, jeez !) and we are forever grateful for this.

With this We publically want to say a BIG THANK YOU DAVE BAX for this gesture of immense goodness, -may all good things come to you !!  /Andrew & Kitty

Vampothika
Reply #1 Saturday, February 8, 2014 9:53 AM

thankyou Dave...

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Saturday, February 8, 2014 10:55 AM

Wow, the Davester done good!!  Way to go Mr. Baxter!!!!

Andy, Vamps, one of ya draw a pic of Dave with it. "break" it in real good!!!

WebGizmos
Reply #3 Saturday, February 8, 2014 10:57 AM

Put it to good use guys...I know you will!

LightStar
Reply #4 Saturday, February 8, 2014 11:13 AM

Very generous of you Dave, I know it feels good to help others.

Uvah
Reply #5 Saturday, February 8, 2014 11:24 AM

Mr. Dave Bax...you are the man!

neone6
Reply #6 Saturday, February 8, 2014 11:59 AM

His Karma should sky rocket for this one

doortech1
Reply #7 Saturday, February 8, 2014 12:09 PM

Always new Dave was one of the good ones.Just proves it again.

Good post and Dave, you are a true community member.

teddybearcholla
Reply #8 Saturday, February 8, 2014 12:43 PM

How wonderful!!!!     Nice going Dave!!!

frankell
Reply #9 Saturday, February 8, 2014 1:33 PM

neone6

His Karma should sky rocket for this one

Great Dave ! Big Karmas from me !!

DaveBax
Reply #10 Saturday, February 8, 2014 3:16 PM

My shaking hand doesn't allow me to use the pen the way it's needed. it's a shame really because it's the only thing on this old man that doesn't work well. I'm sure many would have appreciated me sending it their way. However I know these to great artist. So sending it to one place I knew it would get used by two people that will appreciate it.

It was all my pleasure and I get enjoyment out of it knowing it will be put to good use..

Stramp
Reply #11 Saturday, February 8, 2014 4:07 PM

It's because of excellent people like you & others who know who they are, have given from their hearts who will be rewarded openly. You are a great inspiration to me and have been for a number of years. I have been the recipient of gifts that allowed me to continue when I thought I would have to hang it up. But because of thoughtful people like you, more good will come. This is beyond Karma!

LeeDee
Reply #12 Saturday, February 8, 2014 4:39 PM

Jafo
Reply #13 Saturday, February 8, 2014 6:31 PM

Top marks, Dave ....

I've never gotten around to using one [maybe because I prefer the mouse as a change from a pen on the drawing board in my Archie] I have a cheapie imitation that I think I fired up.....once....

neone6
Reply #14 Saturday, February 8, 2014 7:12 PM

Since me n Kitteh´s been airbrushing alot (and for some pequliar reason it´s a bit of a similar feeling) this feels like it´s going to go well

Dave, I´ll say it again.

sydneysiders
Reply #15 Saturday, February 8, 2014 10:32 PM

a mighty fine gesture Dave... I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment in seeing what these two can create with it.... and share with others... so, the gift keeps on giving...

Reply #16 Saturday, February 8, 2014 11:24 PM

Well done, Dave.

Had a simpler Bamboo...but couldn't quite get used to it. Sorry about the tremor in your hand.

In some cases (familial or idiopathic tremor) a glass of wine helps greatly. There are other treatments (like beta blockers)

which can be helpful as well.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #17 Sunday, February 9, 2014 4:24 AM

Nice one Dave

Kinger
Reply #18 Sunday, February 9, 2014 5:41 AM

Nice to see there are still some good people around.

DaveBax
Reply #19 Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:37 AM

Kinger

Nice to see there are still some good people around.

Thank you.

I would like to point out this. What I did happened to have a money value to it. That doesn't make it any more important than what many on WC do in the way of helping other members with many things. Anyone that has been here for any time has to know what i'm saying. You have a problem with your computer just make a thread, Need help while making a Windowblind, just ask. So many more topics that could be written or asked and helpful replies will be given.

Chasbo