Need technical advice/opinions
Monday, September 23, 2013 by RedneckDude | Discussion: Personal Computing
Ok guys, I have been dual booting Windows 7 and Windows 8 ever since last October when I bought Windows 8.
So far, 7 has been my default OS, with 8 just being a toy/learning tool, mainly.
I am about sure that I want to make 8 my new default OS.
Ok, now, both OSes are currently installed on SSDs. 7 on a 256 GB SSD, 8 on a 120 GB SSD.
Naturally, I'll want to have my default OS on the larger/faster drive, I guess. I have good disc images of both drives.
So, in swapping SSDs/OSes,
My questions are:
1. Should I just blow the 8 image into the 7 drive, and vice versa?
2. Should I do fresh installs? (I'd have to reinstall all my software, ouch!)
3. Does it work ok to put an image from one SSD onto a different SSD?
4. Any other advice?
Any opinions and advice will be greatly appreciated. (Other than the typical "Ditch Windows 8 and be happy." response...hehe.)
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!