WinCustomize Browser thread questions

Friday, September 13, 2002 by Xymantix | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Ok, I just started using the WinCustomize Browser and really like it so far. I've got a couple of questions about threads, though.

1) It seems as though when reading a thread via Internet explorer (instead of the WinCustomize Browser), it keeps track of the last response that I read for a particular thread. So, if I click on the thread later after others have posted to it, the thread loads and it goes to the last response that I read. With the WinCustomize Browser, it doesn't seem to do this. It always puts me at the top of the thread. I checked the Discussion/WinCustomize.ini file and all of my entries have a 'LastReadID=' section (with nothing after the equals) that implies it's not keeping track of the last post that I read of the thread.

2) If I click on one of those threads where there have been further posts, the thread will be marked as read after about 10 seconds. I noticed that I can force the issue via a right-click on the thread and choosing the "Mark as Read" menu option. 10 seconds seems really long to me as, depending on the thread, I can catch up in a second or two. Is there any way to configure the timeout? If not, what about a hotkey to mark the thread as read in addition to the pop-up menu?

Powered by SkinBrowser!
werewolf
Reply #1 Friday, September 13, 2002 2:47 PM
go to view>settings you can change a lot of things there.

btw SysMetrix is fantastic...It's a really great prog.

Powered by SkinBrowser!
Xymantix
Reply #2 Monday, September 16, 2002 1:59 PM
Found it in there, Werewolf! I must have missed it the first 7 times Thanks.

Powered by SkinBrowser!
joetheblow
Reply #3 Tuesday, September 17, 2002 4:33 AM
hey I just want to say, totally of the topic, that the SysMetrix program is of the hook!!! I love it and will start supporting it with lots of skins!!!
Thanks for you time into making it.
goodmorphing
Reply #4 Tuesday, September 17, 2002 3:38 PM
I was kind of wondering why there is no throbber on the browser? Going through some of the old threads, I was kind of wishing for one so I would know my computer was still working on it and not stuck somewhere....

Powered by SkinBrowser!
Xymantix
Reply #5 Tuesday, September 17, 2002 4:27 PM
Thanks joetheblow, glad you like it! Make bunches of skins for it

GoodMorphing: Mine has a litte spinner to in the upper middle when it's retreiving threads - doesn't yours?

Powered by SkinBrowser!
goodmorphing
Reply #6 Tuesday, September 17, 2002 4:49 PM
Well, I was in the web browser part because I was looking through really ancient threads, and I wanted the whole page to show just the thread names, not be devided into a thread name/ open discussion part.

Powered by SkinBrowser!