Friday, September 13, 2002 by Xymantix | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk
1) It seems as though when reading a thread via Internet explorer (instead of the WinCustomize Browser), it keeps track of the last response that I read for a particular thread. So, if I click on the thread later after others have posted to it, the thread loads and it goes to the last response that I read. With the WinCustomize Browser, it doesn't seem to do this. It always puts me at the top of the thread. I checked the Discussion/WinCustomize.ini file and all of my entries have a 'LastReadID=' section (with nothing after the equals) that implies it's not keeping track of the last post that I read of the thread.
2) If I click on one of those threads where there have been further posts, the thread will be marked as read after about 10 seconds. I noticed that I can force the issue via a right-click on the thread and choosing the "Mark as Read" menu option. 10 seconds seems really long to me as, depending on the thread, I can catch up in a second or two. Is there any way to configure the timeout? If not, what about a hotkey to mark the thread as read in addition to the pop-up menu?
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!