Monopoly is sending a game piece to jail, permanently

Which one will you save?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 by WebGizmos | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

See external link for story ^

One Monopoly game piece is facing retirement, and Hasbro wants the public to decide which iconic piece will be scrapped. Players are being encouraged to go to a dedicated Facebook page to vote for their favorite piece. The one with the fewest votes will be discarded. Fans can also vote on a new piece — either a robot, a helicopter, a cat, a diamond ring or a guitar — to replace the loser

LightStar
Reply #1 Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:33 AM

Requires Facebook, yuk! Deleted my account there, permanently!

teddybearcholla
Reply #2 Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:54 AM

Well surely the iron must go...and the robot would be the perfect replacement!!

DPCloud
Reply #3 Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:56 AM

LightStar
Requires Facebook, yuk! Deleted my account there, permanently!

I still tweet but I did the same to fbook for the same amount of time.

Uvah
Reply #4 Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:17 AM

I don't like FaceBook or Twitter or any of those so called social sites simply because there ain't nuthin' social about them. I mean...you don't dis on a complete stranger when you pass him or her on the street simply because you don't like the sound of the way they look. Same analogy for the web. Words typed on a page rarely say anything about the person doing the writing. How do you convey a feeling or a view without visually expressing it? To see the person behind the words not over the internet. Might make a big difference in attitudes. Imagine......your life mate, lover, whatever, someone you love and care about in the real world turns out to be your nemesis on the net, one you wish all kinds of destruction on. And you'd never know it.

Reply #5 Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:28 AM

lol @ Barb.

I have to agree.

Uvah
Reply #6 Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:45 AM

I'm thinking the car in favor of the robot. If they replace the  iron it should be with an ironing board or a hanger or something related to clothes. Cars are tech, robots are tech, robots make cars, robots take cars out.

Wizard1956
Reply #7 Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:08 PM

lol @ Barb.

I have to agree.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #8 Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:20 AM

Would be nice if they moved them all on a hundred years

doortech1
Reply #9 Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:00 AM

Replace the Horse, then everyone will quit fighting over it.

Uvah
Reply #10 Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:17 AM

I never fight over the horse, its always the car. VROOOM!

Then comes the robot. Danger! Danger! Will Robinson has left the house.

tazgecko
Reply #11 Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:09 PM

Yes sir, Christmas sales are down, how can we get people to take an interest in our products. I know ...

doortech1
Reply #12 Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:40 AM

Uvah, I would have thought you were the shoe, sneaking around and leaving a trail where you been. Did they have Monopoly when you were a kid, was it stone pieces and a wooden board with dice made from dino bone!

Uvah
Reply #13 Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:19 AM

When I was a kid me and my oldest sister would fight over the car until my dad took it and that was that.

doortech1
stone pieces and a wooden board with dice made from dino bone

Nah....back then the game board and pieces were made of real stuff. Not the cheapy stuff they use these days.

doortech1
sneaking around and leaving a trail where you been

/lurking

doortech1
Reply #14 Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:08 AM

My younger brother would cry until he got the horse!

STALKING

doortech1
Reply #15 Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:10 AM

Yeah, I bet you could have melted down the horse to make a ball for your muskett!

Uvah
Reply #16 Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:37 AM

It wasn't a muskett. It was a stick with a big rubber band.

When I was eight my dad made a slingshot using a 1/4 inch steel rod, a strip of rubber from a tire and a heavy piece of leather. You had to mount it because you couldn't pull it back with one hand. In our backyard my uncle had a pidgeon coop that used to attract rats. Standing on the small balcony outside his bedroom we spotted one coming out of the hole in the wall separating us from a neighbors junk yard. He put a steel ball bearing in the leather, pulled back and took aim. I watched as the rat's head exploded! Yuck!

Reply #17 Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:48 AM

Perhaps it was a musket? [so Jafo can enjoy his coffee in peace].

Uvah
Reply #18 Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:17 PM

See.......I said the Zubish would show up. Hide the dictionaries!