Tuesday, November 6, 2012 by Island Dog | Discussion: WinCustomize News
A small update for Start8 has gone out today. Ease the transition to Windows 8 with Start8 by bringing the familiarity of the Windows 7-style start menu along with additional enhancements to Microsoft’s new Windows 8 release.
Updated in v1.02:
- Added typing "C:" in the start menu will launch Explorer to that location.
- Fixed backspace on empty search box causing the search screen to show blank
- Fixed non 100% dpi settings causing the start menu to appear too large
- Fixed Metro apps icons not scaling with higher dpi
- Fixed occasional corruption of All Programs tree icons on some machines
- Fixed timing issue sometimes causing explorer to restart if you rapidly clicked the start button
Registered users can download the update from their account page at https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products or via Stardock Central.
A free trial and more information can be found at the Start8 website.
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!