Missing Full Section Bar in IP

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 by PianoArt | Discussion: IconPackager

Hi Everybody !

I have found this issue in IP, i can´t see whole section bar, missing Control Panel and Cursor section.

In IP Settings, i have checked all sections, but didn´t helped. I can see Quick Launch Icons as last in a row and Control Panel and Cursor are missing, when i click on it, nothing happens.

Does anyone knows how to repair that.

I have already reinstalled IP, cleaned with CCleaner, but still the same problem.

Pls help

Thx in Advance

PA

ZubaZ
Reply #1 Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:43 AM

What DPI is your desktop set at?

PianoArt
Reply #2 Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:16 AM

thx for the answer...

My DPI is set to 100%

I turned off all apps, turned back to Windows7 aero theme, turned off gdipp, but still no changes ;(

ZubaZ
Reply #3 Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:40 AM

What happens when you click teh edge of that button?

Also, what OS and what version of IP?

PianoArt
Reply #4 Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:54 AM

Zubaz
What happens when you click teh edge of that button?

Also, what OS and what version of IP?

Nothing happens, i tried to click on whole bar to the end, nothing, stops here on Quick Launch icon section.

I´m using W7 7601 Sp1, IP is 5.10.032 version, the latest.

I have discovered today this also in Package Builder :

all Control Panel icons are disappeared also...hm, something strange happened.

I have rebuilded Icon Cache too, reverted to Windows deault icons, but still the same, like i said, also reinstalled IP, cleaned with CCleaner.

PA

LizMarr
Reply #5 Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:25 PM

Is it happening with all sets? Downloaded as well as self-built? Did it ever show those sections?

PianoArt
Reply #6 Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:47 PM

Thx for the answer LizMarr!

Yes it is happening all the time, with all sets, never mind what icon set is at that moment chosen, i think it has nothing to do with sets, it is problem in IP, not in icon set.

Yes, i had those sections before, but not anymore, i don´t know how to get back.

Rosco_P
Reply #7 Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:52 PM

I'd say at this point, send an email to support@stardock.com so we can poke around a little deeper into your system to see what might be happening.

Daiwa
Reply #8 Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:27 PM

Watch your language there, Rosco.

Rosco_P
Reply #9 Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:34 PM

Daiwa
Watch your language there, Rosco.

Watch your subconscious there, Daiwa.

LizMarr
Reply #10 Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:35 PM

Did you install something, change settings, or add a new program since it had been working? Check Windows update log and see if it automatically installed something between the time it was working and now. I once had the updater install an "updated" video driver over the top of the brand new one I just installed (from my computer's website) and nearly stopped the whole thing. Only fixed it by uninstalling the update. A big bet is that Windows installed an update for some hardware and that is a possible problem.  Now I have update set to check for updates but only install them when I say so. I also right-click on the item in the install list and tell it "Hide" if I don't want to see it again (like language modules)

Daiwa
Reply #11 Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:50 PM

Rosco_P
Watch your subconscious there, Daiwa.

You can take the dirty old man out of the gutter, but you can't take the gutter out of the dirty old man.