One Piece At A Time : Windowblind Tutorial Part III

Design: Edit Controls

Thursday, January 26, 2012 by PoSmedley | Discussion: WindowBlinds Tutorials

Welcome to Part III of the 'One Piece At A Time' tutorial. This thread will be concentrating on the design of the 'Edit Controls' for the Roan Windowblind. Several skinners are helping me through these threads in an effort to understand and learn how to build Windowblinds. (And they would be Vampothika, neone6, and 2of3) Along with a lot of other talented skinners, artists, etc, who have participated with this so far, we're hoping these threads will also help other would be or existing skinners as well. We also have gmc2 sorting through all of the info posted for hte Wincustomize Wiki.

For these first few parts, we'll be working on the design of the Roan Windowblinds elements and then bringing them all together and exploring SKS (Skin Studio) where we'll take everything and put it together.

If you're looking for Part I and II, you can find them here:

One Piece At A Time : Windowblind Tutorial Part I

Design : Start Menu and Taskbar

One Piece At A Time : Windowblind Tutorial Part II

Design: Title Bars & Window Frames

PLEASE :

• I am open to suggestions but may not use any of them. Please, don't be offended if I don't use yours.
  • Keep the image posting to the skin(s)
  • If you want to make a skin to go with this, PM me for the files. My PSD's tend to be a mess, but I save everything and will be happy to     share. I am uploading the actual files to the Graphics Gallery here on Wincustomize.
  • We'll be skinning for Windows7, maybe Vista. If someone wants to do XP, PM me and I will get you what you need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The PSD files for the  previous threads are in the Graphics Gallery.

Roan WB Title Bars and Window Frames

Roan WB Taskbar Buttons

Roan WB Title Bars and Window Frames

Roan WB Taskbar Buttons

PoSmedley
Reply #1 Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:12 AM

This is a repost from the previous thread on what I have so far for the Edit Control buttons.

I'm not sure about 'all' the areas they will appear in (or sizes - which SKS mentions these buttons need to resize well)

I like the gold texture, but without knowing where these buttons will end up, I'm not sure the gold will work.

Uvah
Reply #2 Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:28 AM

Getting there. Gotta hand to ya Po. Looks like this one will be a keeper for sure.

PoSmedley
Reply #3 Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:44 AM

Looks like this one will be a keeper for sure.

Just have to get through all the issues that are going to come up with putting it together. (Tiling, stretching, sticthing, texture)

Compared to what I originally had as the leather texture, this shouldn't be too bad. (fingers crossed)

RickJP
Reply #4 Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:13 PM

PoSmedley
Reply #5 Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:31 PM

Thanks, Rick.

I gotta step out for a few hours but will be back on tonight.

PoSmedley
Reply #6 Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:19 PM

Uvah
Reply #7 Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:32 PM

Someone went to the same place I did. Had to recharge.

2of3
Reply #8 Friday, January 27, 2012 6:27 AM

So far I haven't seen anything that won't work.....carry on

PoSmedley
Reply #9 Friday, January 27, 2012 8:46 AM

Someone went to the same place I did. Had to recharge.

Thanks, uvah. (Uh...nice shade of red there...on..uh..your nails..ahem)

So far I haven't seen anything that won't work.....carry on

said the movie studio to M. Night Shyamalan right before production started on 'The Happening'.

Uvah
Reply #10 Friday, January 27, 2012 11:00 AM

The Happening happened and that was it. Mother Nature getting even ... or odd ... depending on your perspective.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Tutorial.

Sorry for the interruption(s).

Carry on or off or ......

BoXXi
Reply #11 Friday, January 27, 2012 1:47 PM

I hate the edit controls.......

PoSmedley
Reply #12 Friday, January 27, 2012 2:36 PM

I hate the edit controls.....

Me to. Testing them in Diamond before I show them here. Pain in the ass.

ZubaZ
Reply #13 Friday, January 27, 2012 3:55 PM

You know what I hate?

Cry-babies

Yeah.  I'm looking at you Po'

Hankers
Reply #14 Friday, January 27, 2012 4:16 PM

And now we're Spinning, spinning, spinning
Spinning, spinning through this magic land ......

Uvah
Reply #15 Friday, January 27, 2012 4:23 PM

Pay him no mind Po. Zubaz secretly roots for ya.

But ya didn't hear it from me.

PoSmedley
Reply #16 Monday, January 30, 2012 8:29 AM

Good morning.

I didn't get to mess with this over the weekend. Spent it trying to fix a broke laptop (which still is giving me issues).

*I need memory for a Toshiba Satellite A100 ST1041 - I don't know how to determine what 'speed' I need for it.

I'll be rocking on the skin this week. I believe after tomorrow, Tim will be back to go over putting this thing together or start on it at least.

ZubaZ
Reply #17 Monday, January 30, 2012 8:43 AM

Are you still doing this skin?

I'd thought you'd given up.

No big whoop.  It just means I have to wait a bit logner for the bets to pay off.

DaveBax
Reply #18 Monday, January 30, 2012 8:49 AM

PoSmedley

Not sure what you mean speed however I think this may help. You can also call customer service as there is a 800 nimber available. I have received information for a company and purchased somewhere else after I knew exactly what I wanted.

Hope this link helps. LINK

Uvah
Reply #19 Monday, January 30, 2012 9:14 AM

That would be it. Good lookin' out DB.

PoSmedley
Reply #20 Monday, January 30, 2012 10:59 AM

DaveBax
Not sure what you mean speed

667mhz, 800 mhz, pc2 5300, etc.

I never considered this before but caught something about how you should match it up to your PC/laptops speed.