Basics for applying Tilesskins

Because Too many ask about this.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 by neone6 | Discussion: Skinning

CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR BIGGER

Neil Banfield
Reply #1 Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:22 AM

Actually installing a .TileSkinZip file should automatically switch Tiles to that skin.

neone6
Reply #2 Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:57 AM

Neil Banfield
I know Neil, but people keep asking me so I just wanted to give them this so maybe they get some sort of insight as to how it all works...kinda  Alot of the questions have been about how to change skin and apparently Just explaining it in words for some reason did´nt cut it for them.

Sensui_Akamichi
Reply #3 Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:44 PM

I dont get anything when i double click it. It doesnt do anything at all.  Doesnt even register as a proper zip file. i can unzip it but i have to manually do it with 7 zip. but it never provides dialog or anything when double clicked

neone6
Reply #4 Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:51 PM

It doesen´t sound like you have "Tiles" software installed at all ???

You MUST have the program to run it if you wan´t to use the skins...

neone6
Reply #5 Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:52 PM
Sensui_Akamichi
Reply #6 Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:56 PM

I have that software but it is doing nothing.  I have the bar on the side with apps, docs, and my tiles but it wont let me change it from default.

neone6
Reply #7 Sunday, January 22, 2012 1:03 PM

Sensui_Akamichi
OK... Do THIS: UNinstall TilesSoftware totally from your system. You probably have some corrupt download due to whatever...

-Run a System clean like "CC-cleaner" -Do a "Registryclean" with similar program and reINSTALL Tiles from scratch.

[e digicons]'[/e] I really hope that it will work after that.

Sensui_Akamichi
Reply #8 Sunday, January 22, 2012 1:24 PM

No luck, so apparently i am screwed when it comes to tiles. But i guess i can deal with that seeing as i have everything else. Thanks for your help and patience in dealing with this problem.

neone6
Reply #9 Sunday, January 22, 2012 1:53 PM

Sensui_Akamichi
Do not give up yet !!! Neil Banfield who replied up there is the constructor of "Tiles" and He maybe can help you in a more "Deep" fashion.

NEIL !

Sensui_Akamichi
Reply #10 Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:17 PM

Im not giving up, just busy designing web sites as well, lol. so im here and there, trying to fix it shen i take breaks. I honestly dont know what the deal is. In your image up top it show the skins option in the configuration which i do not have that option. I think im stuck on Metro blue or something, and it doesnt want to change for anything.

neone6
Reply #11 Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:51 PM

Sensui_Akamichi
Maybe you can´t change skins in the "Free" trial version, but I don´t know.... It´s not expensive though...

Neil Banfield
Reply #12 Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:48 PM

Third party skin support is a paid feature.

You either have to own Object Desktop, the Tiles bundle feature, or the third party skin support feature from the Add Features page.

neone6
Reply #13 Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:24 PM

Neil Banfield
Third party skin support is a paid feature.

That sorted it fast. Thanx for stopping by Neil.