When you say your Thanksgiving "Thank You", please remember to add...

All gave some; Some gave all.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 by DrJBHL | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

When you all sit down to have your Thanksgiving's Day meal, with those you treasure around you... and when you say "Thank You" to whomever you do thank, please remember all those who, over the generations have given life and limb for you and yours that you might sit and enjoy the fruit of your work without fear, and later put your head on your pillow and sleep undisturbed.... Please be grateful for their sacrifices. Be proud of them. Honor them.

Please include those brave souls who stood and stand in harm's way for you and your family... Our men and women as well as their Allied "Band of Brothers".

God Bless Them, One and All.

So Pray We All.

As Well As Those Intrepid Souls In Our

Clandestine Services.

You Are Not Forgotten.´╗┐

Philly0381
Reply #1 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:37 PM

I will raise my glass to honor those that have served, are serving and will be serving.

From one who knows the sacrifices you voluntarily face, Thank You

Snowman
Reply #2 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:19 PM

Snowman thinks he'll pass

Wizard1956
Reply #3 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:20 PM

Starcandy
Reply #4 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:23 PM

Amen to that, Doc!

rustysam
Reply #5 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:28 PM

Being a Vietnam veteran myself, I certainly remember and salute all of our brave men and women, each and every day.  GOD BLESS and happy thanksgiving to all of you!

Reply #6 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:57 PM

Thank you for your service, rustysam. Happy Thanksgiving.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #7 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:38 PM

Not a day I'll be celebrating, but I can help you with cooking your turkey:-

1.Go buy a turkey
16.Tet the sable and pour yourself a glass of turkey
17.Bless the dinner and pass out

Uvah
Reply #8 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:52 PM

Leo the Lion
Reply #9 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:19 PM

Nice sentiments and message, Doc. All our (and I say 'our' but I'm a Brit living in the US) thoughts go out to those brave US service personnel away from their homes and families............wishing them well and a safe return.

Jafo
Reply #10 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:28 PM

That time of the year to give thanks you're not a turkey...

Reply #11 Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:54 AM

Unabashed Thanksgiving Reminder Bump.

BONEHEADdb
Reply #12 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:40 PM

Snowman
Snowman thinks he'll pass

That's sad.

roflmfaoo
Reply #13 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:15 PM

Also a day I don't celebrate but I admire the bravery of men and women who fight for their country, even though I think the reason for fighting is misconstrued to many american people. The government want you to believe it's freedom that they're fighting for but really it's not. Although I wish not to get into a debate or argument over it just search the internet for zeitgeist and see for yourself .

BONEHEADdb
Reply #14 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:32 PM

If you don't want a debate, don't bring it up.

roflmfaoo
Reply #15 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:44 PM

I was just voicing my opinion. If you wish to enter a debate then go right ahead just don't expect a reply if you do as this will be my last in this thread. Thank you and good day/night.

BONEHEADdb
Reply #16 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:38 PM

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Jafo
Reply #17 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:31 PM

BONEHEADdb

Quoting Snowman,
reply 2
Snowman thinks he'll pass

That's sad.

Just a 'heads up' but not everyone on these forums is American and/or celebrates Thanksgiving.  We come from all walks of life and all corners of the globe.

BONEHEADdb
Reply #18 Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:58 AM

I know, Jafo. Then why say anything at all? That's kind of like trolling, don't ya think?

Reply #19 Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:24 AM

Quoting BONEHEADdb, reply 12

Quoting Snowman,
reply 2
Snowman thinks he'll pass

That's sad.

Peas and hominy, folks. Peas and hominy.

That isn't really 'Trollish', BONEHEADdb let it go... really, it's not. Snowy is a good guy. I don't believe he meant that as it was taken...(sorry, I reversed some words, and fixed it).

Jafo is right as well. It's not a universal holiday.

People aren't required to feel gratitude, respect the sacrifices of others, nor respond one way or another...

Yet another thing I'm grateful to people from all over the globe who did and do sacrifice to preserve.