Release: WC Private Message Collection

DesktopX Gadget

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 by sViz | Discussion: Community

In the galleries: LINK

The gadget saves private messages from Wincustomize to your documents folder. That's it.

RedneckDude
Reply #1 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:06 PM

Whoa, that is awesome!!!!  How sure is it that no one else can download mine?

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:09 PM

I know, we always want more...lol.

Any chance of it notifying of new incoming PMs?

Reply #3 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:16 PM

RedneckDude
Whoa, that is awesome!!!!  How sure is it that no one else can download mine?

Did you download anyone elses?

sViz - Works just fine.

Philly0381
Reply #4 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:16 PM

I had to convince Norton that it was okay, then when I ran it I forgot, I had just cleaned out my messages.  It does seem to work okay.

Thank you for posting this.

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:27 PM

Quoting RedneckDude, reply 1Whoa, that is awesome!!!!  How sure is it that no one else can download mine?

Did you download anyone elses?

Doc, don't quit your day job!!  lol...

DaveBax
Reply #6 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:54 PM

Did you download anyone elses?sViz - Works just fine.

Did you really think he would think to try that?

sViz
Reply #7 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:58 PM

So, long as you're not logged in as someone else, it will only DL your PMs. Wincustomize uses a universal url for messages: https://forums.wincustomize.com/pm

That's the one the gadget uses.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Almost forgot. This will just be for message collection (sorry Jim!) Checking for new messages would make the gadget more complicated than I'd like.

CarGuy1
Reply #8 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:59 PM

How long is it supposed to take to download them...it's been stuck at 50% for the past half hour.

sViz
Reply #9 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:14 PM

How many messages do you have? When I had 43 messages in my inbox, it took a minute or so. A couple of factors might affect it: # of messages, internet connection, CPU usage; it probably shouldn't take that long, so you might go ahead and restart the gadget.

I'll see if I can work in an abort/retry function.

RedneckDude
Reply #10 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:30 PM

Hey, ya can't blame a guy for trying...

Reply #11 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:38 PM

RedneckDude

Quoting DrJBHL, reply 3

Did you download anyone elses?

Doc, don't quit your day job!!  lol...

The logic is simple: If using the app, you cannot download anyone else's pm's, then why would you think someone else could download yours?

Besides, that is a "that's my job" kind of question, don't you think, bud?

RedneckDude
Reply #12 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:10 PM

Just a simple question, Doc.

I meant don't quit your day job as a comedian....my poor attempt at humor.  < Why does that look like a link?

CarGuy1
Reply #13 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:18 PM

86 messages.

I ended up closing it. When i run it now, it opens at 50% and stays there. Where is the temp directory so I can clean it up and retry it?

sViz
Reply #14 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:51 PM

Gadget Cache is HERE.  If you type %temp% in explorer it should take you to Username > AppData > Local > Temp.

Anyone want to help flood my inbox, so I can test this with lots of messages?

ZubaZ
Reply #15 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:13 PM

Your stuff makes me (almost) wish that I used a Windows PC as my primary at home.
I'll give it a shot tomorrow at the office (if the build isn't expired)

WinMonster2
Reply #16 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:29 PM

I tried it and no matter what I do it says I am not logged in even though I am

Jafo
Reply #17 Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:38 PM

I'll give it a go.... my 'inbox' is usually on 500 ...till I dump some of the least relevant to allow more.....

sViz
Reply #18 Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:23 AM

I'll give it a go.... my 'inbox' is usually on 500

500! *says a prayer*

I tried it and no matter what I do it says I am not logged in even though I am

Might be a cache issue. I'll look into it.

ZubaZ
Reply #19 Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:00 AM

Is this right?

Vampothika
Reply #20 Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:15 PM

this is awsome eve!! you are soo cool!!