and who have I pissed off/on now.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 by gmc2 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

I just uploaded a blind which had sufficient downloads to be included on "yesterday's most popular" but it isn't.

this isn't the first time and since I don't hear any muttering in the background I assume that this may be happening only to me, so yes, I'm beginning to take this a little personal.

LightStar
Reply #1 Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:05 AM

Used to happen to me all the time gmc2, but I thought they had fixed that issue.  Guess not.

sydneysiders
Reply #2 Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:33 AM

seem to be quite a few lil bugs around the place at the moment.... some people's Last seen/Last active is outa whack too....

CarGuy1
Reply #3 Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:40 AM

I think it's something to do with the site.

Don't feel left out though...I haven't even gotten a mention in this week/weekend in skinnin' this year. I figured I pissed off someone as well.

gmc2
Reply #4 Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:18 AM

cool. while I'm sorry/happy to hear that others are having similiar issues it does take me out of paranoid mode.

BoXXi
Reply #5 Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:24 AM

Happens to me all the time too....... in most of the sections. Weird......

DaveBax
Reply #6 Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:55 AM

You do nice work, no reason to be paranoid ever.

XX
Reply #7 Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:46 PM

Yeah my screensaver often has enough downloads to appear in "yeserday's most popular" but never does.

"Ice Crystal" is name of that screensaver.

Frankief
Reply #8 Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:54 PM

Those statistics rarely are accurate anymore. The yesterday and all time are reversed when you click to view the images. Sometimes it is late in the evening of the next day before the stats actually show the previous days totals correctly. This place has more bugs than a NY hotel! The filters no longer work and when I manually set it to sixty, the images change. Sure wish they would get things working as they should. Browsing here is a disaster and no longer productive for me.

aunteachrist
Reply #9 Saturday, February 19, 2011 2:04 PM

Pissed off is better than pissed on. Unless urine to that.

HG_Eliminator
Reply #10 Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:11 PM

I R holdin all ur popular's hostage till adequate pizza ransoms have been met.

Seriously tho, I think gremlins are messin with site..

Cavan1
Reply #11 Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:21 PM

Seriously tho, I think gremlins are messin with site..

That and some of the lists are based on registered user downloads to make the list then ordered by total downloads. So a skin with more registered user downloads but less total downloads would displace your skin out of the list.

RPGFX
Reply #12 Saturday, February 19, 2011 5:01 PM

Is it really that important? Kind of trivial, don't you think?

gmc2
Reply #13 Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:15 PM

gosh, it would seem that one download should equal one download. they don't do that, really?

Frankief
Reply #14 Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:28 PM

Is it really that important? Kind of trivial, don't you think?

I do not consider all of the nasty bugs trivial. For a site of this magnitude you would expect things to work as they should and not constantly have all of these issues. It gets a bit old and trying.

Reply #15 Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:51 PM

Is it really that important? Kind of trivial, don't you think?

Can't we just enjoy? And skin just to skin?

k10w3
Reply #16 Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:22 PM

Quoting RPGFX, reply 12Is it really that important? Kind of trivial, don't you think?

Can't we just enjoy? And skin just to skin?

Sure can.... but the site DOES sell subscriptions, and just ignoring the bugs doesn't really mesh well with the nature of skinners, which is to be bugged by the little imperfections.

Uvah
Reply #17 Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:35 PM

Kill the gremlins and make the bugs go squish.

Island Dog
Reply #18 Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:42 PM

Let me address a few issues here:

First, nobody has "control" over what skin shows up in popular downloads and such.  It's database driven and the issue was fixed recently.  If it just came back then that's a new issue to look at.  If your skin doesn't show up in whatever list on WC, it's nothing "personal".

Ignoring bugs isn't happening either, we have a thread here dedicated to reporting them - https://forums.wincustomize.com/404706.  Many have been fixed already and the others haven't been addressed yet because the exact cause of the issue hasn't been tracked down.

gmc2
Reply #19 Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:02 PM

I do notice that the numbers have changed, I take it that it doesn't automatically change when the new count starts. what time might that be, one wonders?

WebGizmos
Reply #20 Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:30 PM

Like ID said...it's data based...and as such is subject to quirks now and then and not personal. I seriously doubt they would do something like that on the site.

For me...I skin...I upload...and hopefully someone likes what I've done and makes use of it. Downloads for me are just an indicator that people are using it...and I know the counts aren't 100% accurate. I don't pay much attention to whether or not I end up on the most popular or whatever list as long as someones using what I created...that's only one reason why i skin and the other being because I enjoy doing it...I would think that would be the most important thing anyone would be concerned about...people using your creations...not some list...or the most popular chart for a short time...which also isn't accurate...but that's just me.