Skins Going Into Moderation

Why is this happening?

Saturday, February 12, 2011 by RedneckDude | Discussion: WinCustomize 2011 Feedback

It seems lately, whenever I upload several skins, one will always go to moderation.

As a Journeyman, this shouldn't happen.

Why does this happen, and could someone please go push my Concept LCD Weather Gadget through? It shouldn't be there to begin with.

Please and thank you.

RedneckDude
Reply #1 Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:22 PM

BTW, I couldn't find "site issues" or I would have posted there.

WebGizmos
Reply #2 Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:28 PM

They're just being posted slower than usual. I thought they might be going to moderation as well...at least mine aren't. Go take a nap O impatient one.

RedneckDude
Reply #3 Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:38 PM

Giz, sorry man, but I went to moderation and looked, it is there.  Thanks tho!

CarGuy1
Reply #4 Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:08 AM

Jim,

See if someone is hanging out in IRC and ask them to give it a shove.

WebGizmos
Reply #5 Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:11 AM

See if someone is hanging out in IRC and ask them to give it a shove.

Hey...you got a car! Give him a push!

amitsaran
Reply #6 Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:35 AM

it's happening with my skins too recently, tho i posted it on the site issues but nothing done yet

sometimes, all of them even a screenshot going under moderation !!

WebGizmos
Reply #7 Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:51 AM

Eh...you guys ought to know by now...shit happens. It'll get fixed I'm sure.

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Sunday, February 13, 2011 1:41 AM

CarGuy1
Jim,

See if someone is hanging out in IRC and ask them to give it a shove.

Tried that a few times....no one answering in there....

sydneysiders
Reply #9 Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:46 AM

As a Journeyman, this shouldn't happen.

well... it seems to.... my Christmas wall went to personal page, wasn't THAT bad... V's 'Concept LCD' wallpaper went to his personal page....

seems rules changed since the problem with a few journeymen overdoing it & not up to par.... I don't bother anymore....  just do the occassional vScreenie...

Nimbin
Reply #10 Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:15 AM

sydneysiders

just do the occassional vScreenie...

me too, and the last screenie i uploaded went up with no probs.

Jafo
Reply #11 Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:28 AM

Pushed...

What's the bet it's something to do with the number of uploads....as in all at once.

Does it happen if there's only one or two uploaded in a day? ....

RedneckDude
Reply #12 Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:21 PM

Pushed...

Does it happen if there's only one or two uploaded in a day? ....

No, I haven't had trouble with it on a single upload, or even two. But I believe I stayed within the upload count rules.

I realize this site still has bugs, and I wasn't meaning to "whine and moan". But it does happen a lot and really should be fixed.

If the number of uploads is the problem, the powers that be should set new limits, and announce them, so we know.

Thanks for the push, Jafo.

RedneckDude
Reply #13 Sunday, February 13, 2011 1:39 PM

Well, I'll be darned....I just uploaded 5 widgets and none went to moderation......YAY!!!!

frankell
Reply #14 Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:15 PM

really well done RND !

just saying ... the skins names look all the same because they were truncated (as always) to the first 2 words

then notice the "full " Latest News\ Recent Forum Posts titles ...

Uvah
Reply #15 Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:41 PM

What's wrong with the home page? I don't see anything.

k10w3
Reply #16 Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:45 PM

frankell
...

then notice the "full " Latest News\ Recent Forum Posts titles ...

Reduced 80%Original 655 x 550

Only if you read -- a picture is worth 1000 words, so the thumb nail is everything.

Uvah
Reply #17 Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:54 PM

Because they're all widgets?

*i must be really dense or something tonite*

RedneckDude
Reply #18 Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:58 PM

Uvah
Reply #19 Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:17 PM

Okay so you have all five thumbnails. Is that it? A first no doubt. If so ................... KUDOS to the Widgeteer! .

k10w3
Reply #20 Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:26 PM

RedneckDude

Inspiration comes from odd places--do you think you could turn that into a DX (thumb) theme?  If I click on the thumb, will a finger appear?  Will a voice come from inside my computer and ask me to "pull it" (followed by whoopie cushion sound, and a graphic of Starkers and some curried cabbage?)