S H A R P screenshot (under construction)

Thursday, January 6, 2011 by neone6 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Just a sneak.... remember It´s my 2nd attempt and I didit from scratch !

Phoon
Reply #1 Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:13 PM

wow... Um.. I would rethink this. It doesn't look very usable according to the screenshots.

Keep at it though.

WebGizmos
Reply #2 Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:20 PM

And what skin did you use as a template? It looks like you just stretched out some images in this screenshot.

natas2
Reply #3 Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:30 PM

Keep pluggin' away.  You'll get there, eventually.

navigatsio
Reply #4 Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:55 PM

Keep pluggin' away. You'll get there, eventually.

Yup, you've taken the first step by just diving on in (giving you a step up on some) and you sure don't seem to lack enthusiasm. Stick with the "P" (patience, persistence and perspiration) system of skinning and you'll do fine.

vStyler
Reply #5 Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:34 PM

Glad to see new people, maybe I can retire soon

theAVMAN
Reply #6 Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:42 PM

Dont give up just keep working at it will get easier .But I promise taking apart a quality skin will help!!!

vStyler
Glad to see new people, maybe I can retire soon

You better not

neone6
Reply #7 Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:56 PM

-"UNDER CONSTRUCTION" !!!

neone6
Reply #8 Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:59 PM

WebGizmos
That´s Xaxctly what i did ! Because I wanted them as Backgrounds....DUH ?

WebGizmos
Reply #9 Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:35 PM

That´s Xaxctly what i did ! Because I wanted them as Backgrounds....DUH ?

Uh...ok.

neone6
Reply #10 Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:06 PM

WebGizmos

That´s Xaxctly what i did ! Because I wanted them as Backgrounds....DUH ?

Uh...ok.
Been thinking....The thing is that I´m basically an artist -(Graphics, Airbrush etc...) so I Design the pictures S.pecially 4 what ever I intend 2 use them 4.......wether U like it or not....A complete other discussion.......

STAYHARD.

yrag
Reply #11 Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:27 PM

STAYHARD

vStyler
Reply #12 Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:36 PM

WebGizmos
Reply #13 Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:41 PM

It's not a matter of if I like them or not. You keep saying their your images...and you said that before and they turned out to be someone else's in your first attempt. If they are indeed your own images by all means go for it and no worries.

Elsius Saint
Reply #14 Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:51 PM

neone6

Quoting WebGizmos,
reply 9

That´s Xaxctly what i did ! Because I wanted them as Backgrounds....DUH ?

Uh...ok.

STAYHARD.

BANG

Vampothika
Reply #15 Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:21 PM

That´s Xaxctly what i did ! Because I wanted them as Backgrounds....DUH ?

in windowblinds, stretching only works sometimes... my idea is that you have drawn an image you would love to see in the background of your windowblind, depending onthe image, you can do one of 3 things,

1. use the painting margins so the image dosent stretch

2. tile the image (this only works for certain patterns, not really images)

3. use the image as a 'glyph' and you dont have to worry about painting margins.

good luck and hope this helps.

actually, another thought just came to me, you could also turn the image into a texture and use it in the windowblind....depends on the look you wish to achieve.....

navigatsio
Reply #16 Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:32 PM

BANG

(are you two related?)

neone6
Reply #17 Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:34 PM

WebGizmos
YeahRight.... I stole everything...

Uvah
Reply #18 Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:02 PM

No comment.

Reply #19 Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:03 PM

neone6:

No one has accused you of stealing. Relax. If these are yours, fine. If not, start over with your own.... It's all ok. You're just beginning.

Want some advice a Master gave to someone who just became a Master?

SLOW DOWN. Put the energy and enthusiasm into perfecting your images/graphics. The downloads will come. It takes time to hone those skills.

Everyone:

Let's everyone cool down and relax. The written word is difficult at best and frequently gives the wrong "feeling" or tone to what was intended.

vStyler
Reply #20 Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:51 PM

The written word is difficult at best

damn right, just ask Zubat