New Premium Themes Site!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 by Island Dog | Discussion: WinCustomize News

Stardock has launched a new site for premium themes for users of Object Desktop.  These themes use the latest version of Theme Manager and offer an easy way to purchase and use premium themes.

To kickoff the new themes site, a new premium theme called IronWorks has been released!

ironworks_ss_5

Reply #1 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:56 AM

GregII
Reply #2 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:54 AM

If we already have some of these themes, can we download them for use with Windows 7?

Philly0381
Reply #3 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:59 AM

So you are saying this replaces My Colors?

manni
Reply #4 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:10 AM

I like it. Already bought the Iron Works suite. Fantastic. Hope we will see all the themes treetog has shown us very soon. Would be nice christmas presents.

neophil78
Reply #5 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:14 AM

It could have been a FREE one for the first

MadDeez
Reply #6 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:22 AM

i'm with greg. if we already purchased these premium skins when they were first released years ago, do we get the upgrade for win 7 without cost or do we have to buy them again?

2of3
Reply #7 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:29 AM

Check if you see them here, Pas: https://forums.wincustomize.com/account/regs

MadDeez
Reply #8 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:37 AM

oh yeah, they are there. they're just for xp and vista, tho.

2of3
Reply #9 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:44 AM

oh yeah, they are there. they're just for xp and vista, tho.

Ok. Sorry. I just hoped that those links would bring you to the updated files.

GregII
Reply #10 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:47 AM

Plus:  For the ones that were MyColors, do we have to re-download MyColors to use them?

MadDeez
Reply #11 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:51 AM

2of3, i appreciate it. honestly, i didn't know that site was there. you pointed out a needed tool.

2of3
Reply #12 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:22 AM

Yes. On the old WC, there was a my registrations button on the top right. Now it's only 5 clicks to find it.....call it progress!

GregII
Reply #13 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:42 AM

I'm ready to purchase.  I need to know if I buy all six or will the old ones be updated?

KarmaGirl
Reply #14 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:46 AM

If you purchased them, those links (for the Theme Manager version, not the MyColors version) are the same as what is being sold.  We use the same links for both, so if one gets updated, the other will, too.  Almost all of them already ran on Win7 with no issues.

The MyColors themes are not being updated and will fade out over time.  We are going back to our roots and offering Theme Manager themes as the focus.

Reply #15 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:54 AM

Wonderful news, KG!!!

danioc
Reply #16 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:05 PM

that's really cool, there's a list of supported skinning apps?

Scrofulous1
Reply #17 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:40 PM

I apologize for perhaps being a bit thick on this but I'm not clear on what to do if I already own a suite via MyColors. For example, Dragon.

I do not have MyColors installed at this time, but I do own Dragon (and others) purchased via MyColors.

If I now wish to install it, do I have to do so via installing MyColors, or can it be done via this new (or perhaps old) method using ThemeManager? If possible, I would like to have just ThemeManager and not both platforms, particularly as one is being phased out.

Thanks.

CarGuy1
Reply #18 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:00 PM

Nice site but I noticed a mistake

Only one of the screen shots for "Winter Wonderland" are of the actual theme.

The Windows 7 one is correct, the other 5 are from the "Winter Theme".

vStyler
Reply #19 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:00 PM

The screenshots (what sells the art) really need to be bigger, they are too small and distorted imo.

great site tho, best of luck with it.

Scrofulous1
Reply #20 Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:20 PM

I installed Ankh via ThemeManager and the preview pic is a desktop screenshot of the Stardock Design Release Schedule.

Pretty sure that is not what is intended.