Doesn't this look better?

can't be hard to do....

Sunday, December 5, 2010 by BoXXi | Discussion: WinCustomize 2011 Feedback

I have taken a screenshot of my gallery page on Wincustomize, and made some changes in Photoshop to show how much better it would look if the skin information was moved down away from the thumbnail. Surely this can't be hard for the web guys at Stardock......

The thumbnail that I changed has the red square around it........

BoXXi
Reply #1 Sunday, December 5, 2010 10:57 AM

Hopefully, if enough people agree, they may change it.........

Xiandi
Reply #2 Sunday, December 5, 2010 11:19 AM

Much better!

Reply #3 Sunday, December 5, 2010 11:25 AM

Indeed...no question. Looks 100% better. Why have a thumb if it's obscured?

WebGizmos
Reply #4 Sunday, December 5, 2010 11:46 AM

Thats how it used to look...and of course I agree with that looking tons better. The question is...why wasn't it left that way...as with other things on the site.

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Sunday, December 5, 2010 11:46 AM

You go Boxxi!!      This has irritated me from day one!  Looks much much better.

frankell
Reply #6 Sunday, December 5, 2010 11:49 AM

yeh BoXXi ... also I would like to see the downloads count information on ALL the "Tiles View" Galleries Pages ,

and most of all I would like that the default "Page Size" would be set at 30 not at 9 (the minimum) as probably most of the anonymous\visitors will never go to the second page and they will never use the hidden drop down menus !

(did you noticed that when a skin pass the 9th position the downloads number halves ?)

k10w3
Reply #7 Sunday, December 5, 2010 11:55 AM

Scrofulous1
Reply #8 Sunday, December 5, 2010 12:06 PM

PoSmedley
Reply #9 Sunday, December 5, 2010 12:20 PM

Would it allow for LESS thumbnails/previews? (I don't know jack about scripting pages)

I use the Stylish black theme for WC and it doesn't show in such an irritating way. I'm not sure that the way it's set up now bothers me, really. I don't look in folks personal  galleries on WC near as often as I do on DA. Here, I mostly use the individual galleries. I have bigger issues with how the SEARCH works on WC when I want to find something with a tag-word. I would love to see that improved.

M-203
Reply #10 Sunday, December 5, 2010 1:02 PM

PoSmedley
...
I use the Stylish black theme for WC...

What am I missing?  I am logged in, and yet cannot find ANYWHERE to change my WC Theme.

PoSmedley
Reply #11 Sunday, December 5, 2010 1:07 PM

and yet cannot find ANYWHERE to change my WC Theme.

Stylish is a Firefox add-on. Some of the scripts work with Greasemonkey as well.

Nimbin
Reply #12 Sunday, December 5, 2010 3:03 PM

if you use chrome, then stylish is available for that browser as well. Using the black WC theme here with chrome and it looks great.

M-203
Reply #13 Sunday, December 5, 2010 8:14 PM

PoSmedley
...

Ah, then I'm not going blind after all, I use IE8, and I thought that Theme you were using was a user-choosable Theme.
Would it be so difficult for Wincustomize/Stardock to make a couple of different Themes available for the users to choose?
Much like many vBullitin Forums do.

navigatsio
Reply #14 Sunday, December 5, 2010 9:48 PM

BoXXi
Reply #15 Monday, December 13, 2010 11:20 AM

Bumpity Bump.......

LightStar
Reply #16 Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:25 AM

I agree!  Hope someone from Stardock actually reads this thread though.

IROKONESS
Reply #17 Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:10 AM

I also use Stylish.

LightStar
Reply #18 Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:33 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but all the skins in my gallery are arranged exactly the way Boxxi wanted them to be.  Can anyone else confirm that their gallery has changed also?

BoXXi
Reply #19 Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:40 PM

No.... just the same on my page.     Are you sure you ar looking on the right part? Go to your wincustomize page, the one that has tabs at the top, and click on the Gallery tab.

CarGuy1
Reply #20 Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:42 PM

Lightstar, are you looking at your gallery or your "My Skins" page?

My gallery hasn't changed.