A little bit dissapointed with the new ODock v2.0

Animated dock???

Sunday, November 14, 2010 by DArnaez | Discussion: ObjectDock

I recognize that I let myself believe that was include in the promotion text "ObjectDock is an animated dock for Windows."  The first what I though was that they finally include the "Animated Shortcuts" add on by AndreasV. I have many ideas to do animated icons so I bought the upgrade to V2. But I was wrong and the only way is to create shortcut with simple png images. I tried to use a multiple frames image png but it doesn't shown in the list.

Please Stardock Team!!!!  DON"T FORGET THIS FEATURE FOR THE FUTURE UPGRADE!!!!  ok???

THanks.

frankell
Reply #1 Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:51 PM

here OD 2.0 freeware : the "animated shortcuts" docklet is perfectly working aw I didn't unistalled the 1.9 version maybe this trick makes the difference  !?  hope this helps

DArnaez
Reply #2 Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:14 PM

What??? I don't have that option in the docklets options. It came with the OD 2.0 or it need to install something?

frankell
Reply #3 Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:36 PM

the second you said ... I just copied the old (1.9) "animated shortcuts" folder and pasted into ProgramFiles> Stardock> ObjectDockFree > Docklets, do you still have the beta version ??

skyzyk
Reply #4 Monday, November 15, 2010 1:53 AM

I have just tried and mine works fine also. I also make animated shortcuts. You scared ne there for a second. Do have the docket installed in the Docklets Folder? I just right clicked, ADD Docklets and select Animated Shortcut from the Doclets Folder. I have OD2 and I have no problems.

DArnaez
Reply #5 Monday, November 15, 2010 8:30 AM

It works!! Thanks guys.... I forgot to put the dll into the docklet folder. But anyway... I would be cool (and I think is time) that this feature be included in next versions... right?

frankell
Reply #6 Monday, November 15, 2010 8:53 AM

hangdawg
Reply #7 Monday, November 22, 2010 7:03 PM

hi  is  there a way to remove the label on the animated short cut i remove it but after a re-boot there it is again i read somewhere to install the dock in c:  so i did  and it still does the same thing thanks in advance