Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Are you using it yet?

Monday, October 4, 2010 by skyzyk | Discussion: Personal Computing

I was wondering if anyone is using Internet Explorer 9 Beta and if yes, how does it interact with Impulse and other Stardock programs and apps? I remember reading that there would be updates with respect to IE9 and I imagine that was it, the last update.

Ans a question please. If I install IE9, x64, can I stil keep IE8 x86?

Thank you for your time. Gary

Philly0381
Reply #1 Monday, October 4, 2010 8:41 PM

WindowBlinds did get an update that took care of some problems with IE 9 but I found that the WC site didn't work well with it, I had problems being able to download from the libraries.  I'm just going to wait for IE 9 to come out of beta and Stardock announce that compatible problems have been worked out.

From what I understand IE 9 builds on IE 8 so I don't think you can have both.  Maybe is you dual boot or have a virtual setup.

PurrBall
Reply #2 Monday, October 4, 2010 9:03 PM

AFAIK you can always uninstall IE9, but it cannot coexist with IE8.

Scrofulous1
Reply #3 Monday, October 4, 2010 9:33 PM
Scrofulous1
Reply #4 Monday, October 4, 2010 9:42 PM

Sorry for the blank post. I was going to write about IE9 problems with this site and was unable to get any text to work.

I use Win7 Home Premium 32 bit OS and IE9 on one of my computers.

I have no Stardock issues, but I am seeing some interesting behaviour with Wincustomize site.

When trying to download a skin/wallpaper/icon I sometimes get vast pages of tiny text (script?) instead of the item I want.

And I am unable to type on the forums without first changing font size or in some way actioning the task bar section before attempting to type my message.

I have problems with one other internet site too.

yrag
Reply #5 Monday, October 4, 2010 9:55 PM

Use "Compatibility View"

Elsius Saint
Reply #6 Monday, October 4, 2010 10:22 PM

I just installed ie9 and I like it much more than I ever did V8. Wait! I could not write this comment until I clicked on the smile, then clicked on one of the emoticons. Somehow, the action activated or I may say enable me to write this. It was even worst! After I installed IE9, the explorer wouldn't load. I had to unload windowblinds for it to load. I did not want to go to its setting and force it to ignore ie9 completely. I should NOT have to. Now I'm running windows7 stardock's free. And yes, I have the latest windowblinds installed.

The good thing about the latest windowblinds version is that when I load any of my old vista skins, it automatically updates them to look 99.9% right on windows 7. Even the shutdown images look perfectly skinned without using windows default' skins. It's almost like a miracle lol. But nothing will come between me and IE9. I just notice the emoticons are inactived. I guess I'll just have to write the code

Elsius Saint
Reply #7 Monday, October 4, 2010 10:32 PM
IE9 is a work in progress, Maybe its latest updates do not see eyes to eyes with windowblinds which blinded the love. Blind love isn't already good lol ---->BANG<----
Neil Banfield
Reply #8 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:12 PM

Elsius Saint

I am not aware of any problems with IE9 and the latest beta of WB so please check that you really do have the latest beta of WB as it sounds like you do not.  It should show as 7.19 in the WB about box (Ignore whatever Impulse says)

Elsius Saint
Reply #9 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:22 PM

I'll check on it when I get home and reply the finding. Thanks

Elsius Saint
Reply #10 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 7:44 PM

FOR NEIL:

Impulse does not tell me about any update available

Your computer has a Windows Experience Index base score of 5.9
Your Windows Graphics Experience score is 6.8

WindowBlinds version : WindowBlinds 7.1 (build 273 - Windows 7 Edition) - 64 bit OS

WindowBlinds is installed correctly on this PC
WindowBlinds appears to be activated on this PC
(Generic Non-PnP Monitor) 1 is attached to NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Wblind.dll         2010/06/07 15:10:20
Wblind64.dll         2010/06/07 15:10:52
Wbsrv.dll         2010/06/07 15:10:56
SevenConfig.exe         2010/06/07 15:10:02
Wbload.exe         2010/04/01 17:40:18
Wbhelp.dll         2010/04/01 17:40:07
Tray.dll              2010/04/01 17:40:19
Wbload.dll              2010/06/07 15:10:25
Screen.exe         2010/04/01 17:39:26

CarGuy1
Reply #11 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 7:55 PM

Elsius...my version appears to be newer. Do you have "show pre-release" versions enabled in Impulse?

Your computer has a Windows Experience Index base score of 7.3
Your Windows Graphics Experience score is 7.3

WindowBlinds version : WindowBlinds 7.19 (build 290 - Windows 7 Edition) - 64 bit OS

WindowBlinds is installed correctly on this PC

Screen.exe      2010/05/26 11:18:43

rustysam
Reply #12 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:03 PM

IE9 beta sucks

RPGFX
Reply #13 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:12 PM

I'm not having any issues with Stardock programs that I've seen yet.  WB works fine.  I am, however, having some issues with WC.  Most of the buttons on the site do not show up unless I hover on them, and I can't post in the forums unless I click either the BOLD, ITALICIZE, or UNDERLINE button first.  I usually choose to italicize.  Not a big deal since it is a beta afterall.  So far I really like it.  I like how you can drag the Favicon to the taskbar.  Some sites then have built-in jumplists from the taskbar icon.   (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).  That's pretty cool.

Wizard1956
Reply #14 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:33 PM

Most of the buttons on the site do not show up unless I hover on them

That is by design. See this thread.

Elsius Saint
Reply #15 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:43 PM

Thanks CarGuy, I now have the latest version and all seems fine right now.

But some of the features such emoticons are nowhere to be seen. I also downloaded the Firefox 4 beta and I like it very much. All seem fine on FireFox 4 beta. I'll use it for now for my wincustomize needs.

Nonetheless, I'm a happy Teddy bear

Elsius Saint
Reply #16 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:57 PM

CarGuy1
Reply #17 Tuesday, October 5, 2010 10:28 PM

RPGFX
Reply #18 Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:24 PM

Compatibility view enabled me to post in the forums from IE9 normally...

Phoon
Reply #19 Wednesday, October 6, 2010 5:48 PM

IE9 beta sucks

Troll Alert

skyzyk
Reply #20 Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:09 PM

WOW What a colorful thread of opinions. The only thing is I am not convinced about IE9 yet, (Will I ever be?) I am an avid Firefox advocate. It's so much smoother and faster. I had hopes that with all the hype of IE9 from Microsoft to hear more than one person say that they liked it. All that taken I think I'll stick to Firefox for n

Elsius Saint

[quote who="Elsius Saint" reply="16" id="2796058"]Under IE9, you can't see the smiles Icon to click on and mouse hover doesn't help. If you want to write something, you must click on everything until LUCK FINDS YOU to be able to write. In Firefox 4 beta, things are smooth.

How is Firefox 4 beta?