A Very Supportive Bunch

A much overdue thanks to Stardock Support

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 by Mirsguy | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Every time I have had to contact Stardock Support about an issue, I have always received a timely response. Sometimes my issue can not be fixed, as in my most recent request to obtain an older program; but even then, the response is fast.

This time, something with my account was fixed that I didn't even know was a problem, but Support caught it and asked me if I wanted it cared for. It took 2 business days--tops.

Because of the nature of their jobs, SD Support can take a lot of flack. I just wanted to take this opportunity to post a public positive note about them, and to say THANK YOU!

Sometimes we tend to forget about the men behind the curtain. Seriously, if we didn't have them, we would ALL know it when the need were to arise.

Thanks again for all you do, SD Support!

Gargabee
Reply #1 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:33 PM

Thank you very much for the kind words! We try to keep our head on a swivel round these parts.

G3mpi3
Reply #2 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:22 PM

Good call, Brian. Stardock is really one of a kind when it comes to support. In my experience, Stardock support is unmatched. Thanks everyone, and keep it up!

Rosco_P
Reply #3 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:24 PM

Reply #4 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:25 PM

Rosco...thanx for the right click tip for verifying installation.

To save the folks @ SD Support needless injury....my "grateful camper" present:

Rock Garden Jr. Flack Jacket!

Mirsguy
Reply #5 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 4:56 PM

I want it, Doc!

natas2
Reply #6 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 5:09 PM

Sometimes we tend to forget about the men behind the curtain

Me thinks there are women back there too...

Wizard1956
Reply #7 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 5:55 PM

Great post, Mirsguy!   I haven't been around here all that long, but I must say everyone I've come into contact at SD/WC, be it sales, support, developers, admin or mods, have all been friendly, professional and courteous. Show them a little patience and respect and they really will give 110% towards solving any problem you may have.

IMHO, the best part of using the software has been the people behind it.

Xiandi
Reply #8 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:01 PM

the best part of using the software has been the people behind it

RedneckDude
Reply #9 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:49 PM

I think a blind/suite should be made, community project, in tribute to the techs at support.  If anyone wants to, I'll be there for my usual parts.

Thanks muchly to all the support guys and gals!

Reply #10 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 7:08 PM

Mirsguy
I want it, Doc!

Only one way to get it: SKIN it!

*doc thinks those white plastic plates would inspire some young skinner/ette....

starkers
Reply #11 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 11:03 PM

Yes, whenever I have had reason to contact Stardock support, the response has always been timely and my query resolved poste-haste...

... uh, quickly, for those not familiar with ye olde term.

Sometimes we tend to forget about the men behind the curtain

Men behind the curtain eh?  Reminds me of an Alfred Hitchcock thriller.

I just hope the Stardock blokes don't have a bloody big knife back there as well... been having one or two nightmares lately.

Wizard1956
Reply #12 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 11:10 PM

Reminds me of an Alfred Hitchcock thriller.

Strangely enough, it reminds me of The Wizard of Oz. Whoda thunk?

Mirsguy
Reply #13 Wednesday, July 7, 2010 11:46 PM

Reminds me of an Alfred Hitchcock thriller.

Strangely enough, it reminds me of The Wizard of Oz. Whoda thunk?

The Wizard of Oz is actually what made me think of it.

storm347
Reply #14 Saturday, July 10, 2010 6:27 PM

You guys do such a great job .Thanks for all the times i got my answer in so short of a time.

tazgecko
Reply #15 Saturday, July 10, 2010 7:27 PM

You could say they are a very polite bunch. With some of the vileness which is thrown in their direction, they are still prepared to calmly go through a problem.

Goes for forums as well, even when you are getting a rap across the knuckles, support is polite and professional. Well done

willistuder
Reply #16 Sunday, July 11, 2010 10:43 AM

I haven't needed Stardock Support for awhile, but when I did, they were very helpful and went beyond what was necessary. I can tell that things haven't changed by reading the forums.

loukeeya
Reply #17 Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:38 PM

well i for one agree the support staff are sweethearts, polite and helpful so big thanx from me

Rosco_P