Too many Master Windowblinds skins

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 by PixelPunk | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

So whats up?  There are TOO MANY master skins clogging up the windowblinds skins section.

Can we please move these things on to their own section so the majority of users don't have to look at them?

I know Wincustomize likes all of them to be master skins, but this is getting to be a headache for most users who pass on these.

Seems like Master skin artists would like the attention of a Master only category.  Within the past week, up to 2/3 of the skins were master and I am sure this probably discourages the new skinners who want to try to be seen.

Master skinners, nothing against all the thousands of hours it takes you to make each skin.  And nothing against your work, which usually looks okay.  Just seems like the little guy is getting squeezed out by the money grubbers.

Wizard1956
Reply #1 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:43 PM

Just seems like the little guy is getting squeezed out by the money grubbers.

Or maybe the little guy is on vacation or busy earning a living to support a family*, or just isn't skinning right now for whatever reason.

* Something the "money grubbers" are also trying to do.

MadDeez
Reply #2 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:54 PM

wow. this one is simple to diagnose and rectify. if you don't see what you want on the first page of the library, click on the 'next page' arrow. if that's a difficult act, i recommend a new mouse.

snake108
Reply #3 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:00 PM

Got to agree with pixelpunk on this one

tazgecko
Reply #4 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:01 PM

Not enough masterskins I say, produce some more, stop having a life, get to work.

Reply #5 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:02 PM

Wiz is absolutely correct, imo. There is a Master Skin section, but as far as I'm concerned, I want these Community members in with the rest of the skins, too. I don't think anyone has been 'squeezed out'...you can easily change the number of skins you view on the page too, if you want.

I wouldn't call them 'money grubbers' either. They're a great group of people who also excel at skinning who've put themselves forward in the Community in Forums, in artwork and in friendships....and they really deserve a lot more than that label, PixelPunk.

Lol @ the Tazgecko. Get that whip busy, mate!

firebrick
Reply #6 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:08 PM

"Member since 2001"..  C'mon PixelPunk, You haven't noticed the drop off in submissions to the WB gallery through the years?     I think they're keeping the excitement and 'shock and awe' going for Windowblinds!  Do you have people complaining that you make money at your place of employment? Check your self!

Chasbo
Reply #7 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:18 PM

If you go back in time you'll see that when Brad announced the new site and what direction it was taking this is what he was talking about. It's no surprise. Like it or not that's what it is.

DaveBax
Reply #8 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:19 PM

Well well lets see now. There are 509 pages of skins of course that is with 9 skins per page on my computer. I haven't gone through every page but would guess that maybe 2 to 4 percent are master skins. Masters along with many other people here are the backbone of the community. Now this isn't anything about you PixelPunk but I see you haven't skinned anything. You know what that is OK but remember, some time you may wish to skin and when you have questions the masters and other skinners will be the first to help you. So if you wish not to purchase any Master skins fine but they belong where they go. This can be solved just make a few skins, get them accepted and it will put the Master skins lower on the list or bypass them and check out the other 509 pages.

WOM
Reply #9 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:30 PM

Just more to spend your money on.  Or pick and choose.  Or just pass over them.

k10w3
Reply #10 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:35 PM

There might be a logical reason why "Within the past week, up to 2/3 of the skins were master."  I think there was a problem with masters uploading since the new WC came out of beta.  I believe the uploading problem is now fixed, and so masters are finally getting a chance to display their works.  "It will all come out in the wash" as my former boss used to say.

GregII
Reply #11 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:54 PM

There are not enough Master Skins.  Most users do not pass these up.  Why eat hamburger when you can have filet mignon?

WebGizmos
Reply #12 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:54 PM

Bitch bitch bitch...seriously! Turn the page already!

sydneysiders
Reply #13 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:00 PM

as well as uploading probs gumming up the works...there are also Win 7 updates....something previous purchasers and win 7ers have been looking forward to...and you can expect many more....

you've never actually run a business, have you....

masterskins help keep our top talent providing us with mega eye candy....you should try putting your hand in your pocket one day...and do without a cuppa coffee and try one....or not....your choice....but allow others their choice too

BONEHEADdb
Reply #14 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:07 PM

Just seems like the little guy is getting squeezed out by the money grubbers.

Your right! Who do those greedy masters think they are!? Riding around in their fancy cars a private planes, sipping that high dollar wine. If those money grubbing masters would come off with some of that cash we could pay of the national debt.

starkers
Reply #15 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:17 PM

Just seems like the little guy is getting squeezed out by the money grubbers.

Rubbish!!  I'm not seeing the smaller guy getting squeezed out... there's still non-Masterskin WB's on display and available for download.  It's not like they've been pushed off the page into obscurity... is it!!!  In fact, I've picked up a couple of beauties just recently, so no complaint here.

storm347
Reply #16 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:29 PM

well i like coming here and window shopping so to speak and i can't wait to see who has created something new .

as soon as the little moths go away when i open my purse i intend to treat myself to a few of these master skins .

great work guys.

Reply #17 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:35 PM

....you should try putting your hand in your pocket one day...

There's a Pommie term for that, isn't there?

Cavan1
Reply #18 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:41 PM

would guess that maybe 2 to 4 percent are master skins.

It is 1.7% Dave

Hey PixelPunk, on your last thread about Master skins you were wanting to know the download numbers for them, now you are complaining there are too many.?.?.?

Jymmy
Reply #19 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:43 PM

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. The Masters have worked very hard to get to that status, and I applaud them heartily. Their beautiful skins sell for as little as $4.95 for the most part - who's gonna get rich on that??? I buy the ones I like, and send kudos for the ones I don't buy. I don't go broke, either, and I feel like at least I'm helping out here, since I don't know how to do these things myself. Most of the stuff here is absolutely FREE! A lot of these free ones are ones I think should be posted as Masters. Please, stop complaining about these great artists, and just enjoy the site. If it really bothers you, don't visit any more, and I'll buy 2 memberships to make up for losing you.

Jymmy