2.0, still can't hide tray icon?

Thursday, April 1, 2010 by OhHayThere | Discussion: ObjectDock

So a year ago or so I requested this specific feature and they said it will likely to be included into 2.0 release.

So where is it?  How do I hide tray icon?

Also, is there any way to make "blur" or background dark? As it's transparent, I'd like to see black with some 50% opacity + transparent, without picking new theme?

LotekDeviant
Reply #1 Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:21 AM

Actually a feature I would like to see is to be able to put the systray in a tabbed dock.

Jafo
Reply #2 Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:27 AM

Er...you can.

OhHayThere
Reply #3 Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:48 AM

You can already do that

missoctavia
Reply #4 Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:52 AM

I didn't know that either, how do you do it?

Jafo
Reply #5 Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:59 AM

I didn't know that either, how do you do it?

settings...home...tabbed dock...on my dock...add a new tab

missoctavia
Reply #6 Thursday, April 1, 2010 11:49 AM

settings...home...tabbed dock...on my dock...add a new tab

Thanks. Some of the icons aren't working for me, the same that aren't working on the regular OD systray: Sound, network, etc.

LotekDeviant
Reply #7 Thursday, April 1, 2010 7:25 PM

I didn't know that either, how do you do it?
settings...home...tabbed dock...on my dock...add a new tab

Ahhh thanks, didn't realize it was so hidden, just figured it would be a right click menu
option.

OhHayThere
Reply #8 Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:50 AM

Er...you can.

So how about answering original question?

OhHayThere
Reply #9 Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:26 AM

???

OhHayThere
Reply #10 Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:26 AM

LOL... You get answers before you purchase product, after that, screw it?

OhHayThere
Reply #11 Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:01 AM

Fu*k you, never buying anything from Stardock again.

Hankers
Reply #12 Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:56 AM

The 'official' requests for support should be made by email to support@stardock.com.  Although support do monitor the forums, the majority of replies will come from members. By email'ing you start a trouble ticket and will get a response from Stardock.

Rosco_P
Reply #13 Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:50 AM

Here's the deal:

I've got a beef with Google.  Gmail was in beta so long, that people forgot what 'beta' really meant.  It means that it's a rough estimation, not finished, still buggy, sometimes-painful-to-use piece of software that was released to the public to help crowdsource the finding and fixing of bugs.  But then they got a gmail account, and used that for years, and forgot what a piece of 'beta' software really entailed.

Betas are not for the faint of heart.  They are not to be put on your work computer that is your lifeblood.  It's called the bleeding edge for a reason.

ObjectDock 2.0 is still in beta.  That means it's not done yet.  There's probably a bunch of features on the to-do list, maybe even the one you mentioned.  Until the software is finished, we appreciate any and all constructive feedback, and will take all reasonable suggestions into consideration, including those in your OP.  Keep in mind that support can only assist you in limited situations.

If you have a bug, there's a place for that: https://forums.stardock.com/forum/747

If you have any feedback, or just want to discuss OD 2.0 features and the like, head here: https://forums.stardock.com/379048/get;last

But there's a reason 'forum' rhymes with 'decorum'.  If you cannot be civil, you have no place here.