SysMetrix 2 beta available

Sunday, January 19, 2003 by Xymantix | Discussion: WinCustomize News

SysMetrix 2 has been released as a beta. The new version adds three new object types (animations, interactive buttons and sliders), a lot of new things to monitor and control (such as a WinAmp2 compatible media player and your soundcard), and dozens of new features.

Goto http://www.xymantix.com/sysmetrix/download.html to download the beta

and

http://sysmetrix.skwire.net/sysmetrix/beta/SysMetrix_Beta.txt to see what's new

Surj
Reply #1 Sunday, January 19, 2003 3:07 PM
sweet, another toy to tinker with whilst I await the elusive wb4 alpha
joetheblow
Reply #2 Sunday, January 19, 2003 4:04 PM
thats cool.
joetheblow
Reply #3 Sunday, January 19, 2003 4:08 PM
what about winamp3?
Action_Jay
Reply #4 Sunday, January 19, 2003 4:28 PM
Surj
Reply #5 Sunday, January 19, 2003 4:53 PM
>>It's hard enough getting a winamp3 skin to control winamp3, let alone getting a third party app to do it. Cool as it is, what were they on when they made it? <<

I cant see it being any different than winamp 2 if you install the wa2mgr plugin. I agree though, they sure didnt make it easy without the plugin, they shouldve followed the media key setup m$ setup. I had to run special keyboard drivers until I installed teh plugin
mr.bo
Reply #6 Sunday, January 19, 2003 9:46 PM
where can I find wa2mgr plugin? I'm looking for it on the winamp site, but can track it down?
Surj
Reply #7 Sunday, January 19, 2003 10:08 PM
theres this one, which looks similar but I havent tried http://winamp.com/components3/detail.jhtml?componentId=125680

the one Im using I got off the developer area from a sticky thread in the forums. I cant seem to find it however, this may have replaced it, the other was in development I guess. Try that, if it doesnt work then I'll email the I have. I'll keep lookin
mr.bo
Reply #8 Sunday, January 19, 2003 10:17 PM
Found it.
Surj
Reply #9 Sunday, January 19, 2003 10:21 PM
hrm, cant seem to find it anymore. In anycase, this is what the plugin I have does

>>>>
Featues:

- Lists Winamp 2x Plugins Found
- Allows Configuration of Loaded Plugins
- Allows External Programs to Control Winamp 3 as if it were Winamp 2
- Should Allow Any Language That Worked with Winamp 2x to Work with Winamp 3x
- Allows You to Add Search Paths for the Plugins
- Allows Selective Loading of General Plugins

Supported Plugin Types:

- General Plugins (gen*.dll)
- DSP Plugins (dsp*.dll)
- External Program Control
<<<<<<

and btw, I'm enjoying this new version of SysMetrix! Sweet job
Surj
Reply #10 Sunday, January 19, 2003 10:22 PM
sweet, nice job Frugus. Post the link so others using winamp3 can take advantage of the SysMetrix
ama02
Reply #11 Monday, January 20, 2003 2:40 AM
Question...Will the skins for the earlier version (1.0) work with this new release?
c242
Reply #12 Monday, January 20, 2003 2:56 AM
voo
Reply #13 Monday, January 20, 2003 4:49 AM
well im glad this build doesnt crash on start up, cant remember which dll it was that blew up

voo can safely keep startup automatically checked now
werewolf
Reply #14 Monday, January 20, 2003 10:14 AM
Wow...has anyone read the list of updates? There's some really cool new things in here. Thanks Xymantix...
dewoh
Reply #15 Monday, January 20, 2003 3:16 PM
nice, this is exactly what it needed.
misterME
Reply #16 Monday, January 20, 2003 7:56 PM
Well, I downloaded the Winamp Version2 Plugin Manager from the Winamp website. It makes the buttons in Sysmetrix match up with their Winamp counterparts as fas as sisplay goes (the "Play" button in the Sysmetrix skin highlights when Winamp is playing, etc) but it doesn't give the buttons any control over Winamp (pressing any button has no effect).

Also, the playtime displays, as does the bitrate, but no Artist/Song title displays, the slider doesn't function, and the Bitrate actually shows the total file size of the current song.

Can anyone point me to a plugin that actually makes Winamp 3 work competely woth this build of Sysmetrix?

Or does anyone know of any other media player that meshes correctly with this program?

Thanks.
BruB
Reply #17 Tuesday, January 21, 2003 5:20 AM
Aren't you guys and your Winamp conversation in the wrong place for this? should maybe take it to the forum!
werewolf
Reply #18 Tuesday, January 21, 2003 10:16 AM
misterME Winamp version 2.8x will work. I've got both versions on my machine with no problems.
misterME
Reply #19 Wednesday, January 22, 2003 12:32 AM
Thanks. DLed Winamp 2.8 and it works like a champ with this new version of Sysmetrix.

BTW, this *is* the appropriate forum, since this is a feedback thread on Sysmetrix 2 beta, which has problems with Winamp 3 despite claims on its website of compatibility with "Winamp 2 and later".

As for this new build of Sysmetrix, WOW! Despite some stability issues when customizing a skin (to be expected from a beta), this thing is absolutely awesome. It wraps features of about 6 different products into one fully customizable app that takes up little mem/cpu. Too cool. Can't see what it comes up with next.
c242
Reply #20 Friday, January 24, 2003 7:51 AM
2 glitches still: New themes don't always save right, added new bargraphs or textual information got lost after reload and if You double click the recycle bin to empty it, the mail application is opened, too.