I can SEE... I can SEEEEEE

wow, never noticed how dirty that was before....

Monday, January 4, 2010 by starkers | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Well folks, today I picked up my brand new spectacles... a pair for reading, and a pair for distance.  Dunno why, but I could never get used to bi-focals or graduating lenses... going from one to the other never was comfortable so I prefer a pair of each.

Now, before I go any further here, I want to make it quite clear that I don't need any smart arses saying stuff like I've got no excuse for typos and ect.  Spectacles to rectify my poor eyesight is one thing, they does not rectify old timers and forgetting how to speel shit, so I'll have no 'Zubish-type' comments from the peanut gallery when I cock up a few words here and there.  What's more, I'll have none of that speeling digicon flashed before my eyes if/when I preform a typo.... otherwise, offendres/infringres will get this....

Anyhow, the first thing I noticed, well one of them, is how much clearer TV is to watch now... cos before, HD TV sorta looked like somebody had glad-wrapped the screen after they'd fogged it up.  But what's really great is being able to see even the fine print in books, magazines, etc... even more miraculous that I can actually read it.  Beauty!!  Now I'll be able to read a good book again... without all that squinting and constantly having to adjust how far away I hold it.

The thing is, I never had any issues being able to see or read anything on my PC monitor, maybe because it's backlit, and now I'm having a little trouble adjusting to things on-screen while wearing glasses. However, that is more a distance thing and finding the best position/distance from the screen, etc.  I usually like to sit so that I'm about 3  feet from the monitor, so the reading glasses are no good for that... I gotta get up closer and that's not so comfortable.

The distance glasses are better, but I find that I need to distance myself a bit more from the monitor to gain optimum clarity, which with my current setup isn't all that convenient, either. Oh well, with an adjustment here and there, I'm sure I'll find the best position to suit my needs.  Perhaps pushing the monitor farther back on the desk 'll do it?  Hmmm, I might try that right now!

Well bugger me... never noticed that before!!!   Miss January 2002 has nipple rings!!!   Well I'll be... thought ol' Hugh was a bit long in the tooth for that kind of thing... you know, body piercings and all that.  Yup, pretty amazing, that!  I've been ogling that centerfold for 7 and a bit years now... and never once noticed the jubbly jewelery.

Uh-oh!!!  I just discovered the one drawback/disadvantage to these specs!  I can now see the dust on and around my desk.  Now I know why there's that saying: "Ignorance is bliss."  Now I can see it... and cleaning = less time at WC and the Playboy site.  Oh well, maybe I can pretend it's dust on the lenses and ignore it., hehe.

Okay, gotta go!  Girls of the Playboy Mansion just started on TV.

Reply #1 Monday, January 4, 2010 7:23 AM

Okay, gotta go! Girls of the Playboy Mansion just started on TV.

starkers
Reply #2 Monday, January 4, 2010 7:43 AM

Doc!!!!  You cruel, cruel, bastage, you!!!  When it's more out of focus I gotta wear my distance glasses... when it's more in focus I gotta use my reading glasses.

What a bastard!!!  It's like a visual musical chairs... only with specs, and I nearly poked my eye out during the second last change.

Reply #3 Monday, January 4, 2010 7:49 AM

Naaah....happy for ya, Cap'n, I am!  Pyrate humor, wot?

starkers
Reply #4 Monday, January 4, 2010 8:06 AM

Naaah....happy for ya, Cap'n, I am!

I know that... and wot life wivvout a bot o' 'umer?

Still can't get over those nipple rings, tho.

Reply #5 Monday, January 4, 2010 9:11 AM

starkers
Reply #6 Monday, January 4, 2010 9:36 AM

hmmm, all the things I missed cos I wasn't wearing specs... so, so glad I got 'em now.

Reply #7 Monday, January 4, 2010 9:50 AM

But you do have to be very careful with your new prescription: I was walking down the street wearing glasses when the prescription ran out....

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Monday, January 4, 2010 11:07 AM

Eeewwwwwwwwww.........

k10w3
Reply #9 Monday, January 4, 2010 11:36 AM

Starkers, I have progressive lenses for when I'm away from my desk, but a special pair of computer glasses with just enough distance prescription for where I like my monitor.  I spend so much time at my desk that the best solution for me was spectacles for computer work.

The only down fall of new glasses for me is the fact that when I look in the mirror, I can see the signs of passing time on my own reflection.

Reply #10 Monday, January 4, 2010 11:39 AM

I can see the signs of passing time on my own reflection.

On your reflection....but not on you. You are considerably deeper and more than that reflection, Karen.

superman
Reply #11 Monday, January 4, 2010 1:53 PM

Now You have 6 eyes.

starkers
Reply #12 Monday, January 4, 2010 1:54 PM

That's nuffink, I had a prescription recalled because the optometrist made it a little strong a feared I might overdose.

Starkers, I have progressive lenses for when I'm away from my desk, but a special pair of computer glasses with just enough distance prescription for where I like my monitor. I spend so much time at my desk that the best solution for me was spectacles for computer work.

I will have to look into that idea... mid-range specs.  Although I have rearranged things a bit so my distance glasses are just fine, I'd still prefer my setup the way it was.  I've gotten accustomed and comfortable with it over the years, so yeah, a 'computer' prescription looks like the go.

Bugger that... all the mirrors here are coming down in the morning.  The signs of passing time started as time lines, then furrows, and now they're more like ravines.  Talk about erosion....

Now the $64,000 is.... how many pervs went to the Playboy site to check out if Miss January 2002 really has nipple rings?

Must admit, the curiosity is starting to get the better of me, now I've mentioned it.

mrs_starkers
Reply #13 Monday, January 4, 2010 2:56 PM

I got mine too,I  got mine on the 23 Dec....  now I  do look like my mother omg

this is me and poor ol starkers had to wait till yesterday to get his

and this is my mum, before she passed away

mrs_starkers
Reply #14 Monday, January 4, 2010 2:58 PM

whats new

Reply #15 Monday, January 4, 2010 3:01 PM

poor ol starkers had to wait till yesterday to get his

Great health system. If you're rich.

mrs_starkers
Reply #16 Monday, January 4, 2010 3:18 PM

yer, 8 weeks it took before we got them,  and if we were living in Tasmania we would have had them within a fortnight and thats even going through the govt health different states I guess but how silly

angus1949
Reply #17 Monday, January 4, 2010 3:22 PM

The heck with your glasses.  I want to know how to get that Playboy channel now that my cataracts are gone.

Vampothika
Reply #18 Monday, January 4, 2010 3:32 PM

I want to know how to get that Playboy channel

ME TOO i luv bunnies......er i mean hugh *cough cough* must be on channel GO!  Speaking of seeing clear and the telly, i dont need glasses but i need a booster for my new stupid digital tv (which is supposed to be better than analog) so Im getting an antena man to install one tomorrow..........wow,  no more pixelations, no more snow, no more 'no signal" wow, ill have all my channels back, including the ones that decided to just disappear because they thought they could!!

Reply #19 Monday, January 4, 2010 3:53 PM

angus1949

Turn on the TV and hop over to the channel. Or...give Miss January "a ring".

starkers
Reply #20 Tuesday, January 5, 2010 1:07 AM

The heck with your glasses. I want to know how to get that Playboy channel now that my cataracts are gone.

Exactly!   Anyone with that information, how to get to the Playboy channel.... cough it up here, right now..

Speaking of seeing clear and the telly, i dont need glasses but i need a booster for my new stupid digital tv (which is supposed to be better than analog) so Im getting an antena man to install one tomorrow..........wow, no more pixelations, no more snow, no more 'no signal" wow, ill have all my channels back, including the ones that decided to just disappear because they thought they could!

Yeah, we had trouble with digital stations pixelating and dropping out all the time, so ended up getting a new antenna. The one which came with the house was just for analog and was quite old and corroded, so now we have a nice new digital one that picks up everything and maintains a good picture... except in extreme weather conditions, storms and temps into to 40c's, etc.

Turn on the TV and hop over to the channel. Or...give Miss January "a ring".

Tried that but she said that the two she already had were enough... that "a necklace would be nice, perhaps a pearl one.".