Is Stardock Collecting Corporate Welfare?

If So Did It Come From Obama's Stimulus Plan, or Bush's?

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 by happycamper88 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Considering the condition the state of Michigan was in PRIOR to the recession, I find it very peculiar that "Michigan" would be granting anything to Stardock to help create 50 some jobs.

Brad Wardell gave credit to the state of Michigan for the tax credits that allow Stardock to "create" jobs, but did he credit the party who REALLY made the corporate welfare possible for Stardock? That would most likely be the Obama administration - NOT the state of Michigan.

So a company that spent so much time being greedy and blasting the left wing "liberals" - is now accepting corporate welfare?

Come on Brad. Say it ain't so. Say you will stand up for your principles and stop the government from "running Stardock!"

Is there some kind of requirement that anyone purchasing your products must submit a death agreement every 5 years if they are aged 65 or above? That's what the left wing does you know! Don't fall prey to government control.

Stardock is now little more than an agent of the Obama administration. Now I understand the lack of updates and the required reboots that never seem to do anything visible to the end user.

LAME.

Stand up for your right wing ideology Brad! You've been preaching it for years and blasting anyone who disagreed with you. Throw the bums out - you know, the people holding the 50 some jobs you are (supposedly) creating.

END OBAMA'S CONTROL OVER STARDOCK TODAY!!!!!!

You've been recognized now pal. Your company is being watched. Funny how the worm turns isn't it?

What a hypocrite.

FIND OUT ABOUT STARDOCK'S CORPORATE WELFARE

retiredmaster
Reply #1 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 6:15 AM

A political rant? How dull.

zzzz....

Vampothika
Reply #2 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 6:19 AM

....and i thought i was insane..........

BoXXi
Reply #3 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 6:22 AM

LOL

Bichur
Reply #4 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 6:23 AM

ZZZZZzzzzzzz....

Reply #5 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 6:53 AM

You should know that political stuff goes better on JU. Also that personal attacks on SD and it's personnel is a quick ticket to being both despised and banned.

Before you accuse someone of a "crime", perhaps pose a question politely.

If that (SD providing jobs) becomes one of the few things that come out of the wreckage of our economy, fine. I've been a supporter of WB since finding it a century ago on the net. My own political leanings are quite different from Mr. Wardell's. I really don't care which party does it. I also doubt President Obama has heard of Mr. Wardell.

That doesn't prevent me from trying to be polite, nor from expressing my views. One of those views is that Mr. Wardell has far more experience with business management, the net, skinners and skinning software than I do. I believe he'd probably (I doubt he'd ever need to) extend me the same courtesies.

The urge for instant fame at the "Gotcha" game has gone way too far in our "holier than thou" society. Perhaps extending courtesy and respect to the person who provides this "home" to us all would be a good way towards saying, "Thanks Brad for this place where I can even differ from your views and not get abused for it."

Perhaps you'd like to modify your retoric and extend to someone with differing views the same courtesy that you probably like.

BoXXi
Reply #6 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:05 AM

Nicely put Doc....... can we string him up now?

2of3
Reply #7 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:09 AM

starkers
Reply #8 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:42 AM

Well I do agree wholeheartedly with one thing...

END OBAMA'S CONTROL OVER STARDOCK TODAY!!!!!!

Obama might know something about politics, economics and business management, but I bet he knows eff all about skinning... gaming, either.  I therefore urge you, Brad, please cut the ties with Obama NOW... otherwise, WB, IP and Galciv will become Obama's political tools to get him re-elected to another term, for f**k sake.

I mean, if we have to have something political, can we please have skins/games/apps relating to and/or promoting the Australian Sex Party?  At least they're up front... we know they're trying to f**k us over.

If not, how about a MyColors theme relating to and/or promoting the vilification and castration of bankers?

As you can see, happycamper88, your rant has inspired me to think... there's no such thing as a happy camper, politically, that is.

CarGuy1
Reply #9 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:45 AM

Let me get this straight, you actually think that the current administration has something to do with Michigan giving tax breaks to Stardock to keep them from creating the jobs elsewhere? You need to learn a bit more about business and also politics. Any state will bend over backwards with tax breaks to entice a company to create jobs. Notice I said state...the Obama administration could care less about Stardock.

Jafo
Reply #10 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:58 AM

...the Obama administration could care less about Stardock.

I hear-tell the Pentagon is looking into Frogboy's appropriation of [2] handicapped car spaces for a photo-shoot.....

.....film at Eleven.

Zoomba
Reply #11 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:07 AM

Wow... I haven't seen a post this crazy in ages.  Obama's control of Stardock?

You make me chuckle.

vStyler
Reply #12 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:16 AM

Bollocks.

WebGizmos
Reply #13 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:27 AM

Must be having a sale on tinfoil.

LightStar
Reply #14 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:37 AM

If Stardock is expanding, then I am all for it!  As far as Obama and the government controlling them, I am with vStyler on that one!

PoSmedley
Reply #15 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:45 AM

Absolutley. And with the beating that state has taken from auto makers bailing out and closing down factory's, it makes sense they look towards other ventures.  It could also lead to other software companies looking to Michigan as a possible home. If Stardock really wanted to, they might even find another place that would be cheaper to operate in, etc., but I would be willing to go out on a limb and suggest there may be some loyalty involved, which is more than you can say for a lot of companies that have bailed out on city's that heavily invested in them setting up shop.

sydneysiders
Reply #16 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 9:10 AM

END OBAMA'S CONTROL OVER STARDOCK TODAY!!!!!!

first the web....now stardock....where will it end....

Island Dog
Reply #17 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 9:29 AM

This is just hilarious.

KarmaGirl
Reply #18 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:03 AM

Sorry, honey, but the work on these abatements and credits (which are not hand outs, they just mean you pay LESS in taxes) started before Obama was even in office.  you obviously have no clue how the real world works.  However, if you have some more conspiracy theories, please post them.  I love a good chuckle over coffee.

Philly0381
Reply #19 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:14 AM

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #20 Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:15 AM

the manic-depressive in me says WOW!...I  couldnt care less.