So the Moon landings never happened?

Saturday, July 18, 2009 by Fuzzy Logic | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

...and the Earth is flat...

A nice image from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter showing the Apollo 14 landing site

Wizard1956
Reply #1 Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:45 AM

Of course they happened. I have been to the Smithsonian Museum and  have seen the huge hunks of green cheese the astronauts brought back.

mickeko
Reply #2 Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:47 AM

Bah. When an INDEPENDENT organization comes with proof I'll believe it, I do photoshop too.

LOL.

teddybearcholla
Reply #3 Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:48 AM

40th anniversary of  Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrens walk on the moon!!!     I was 21 and working in a car wash.

Nice post, Fuzzy!!!

Reply #4 Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:59 AM

Yep....Wiz and I were there together and we even tasted the green cheese.

These guys brought it back:

Ausvet
Reply #5 Saturday, July 18, 2009 8:36 AM

The Irish bought back sunlight soap from the sun, of course we landed at night to avoid being burnt to a cinder.

superman
Reply #6 Saturday, July 18, 2009 9:01 AM

honey-moon-lander

Jafo
Reply #7 Saturday, July 18, 2009 9:46 AM

LOL.

Er....Photoshop did not exist in '69 ....nor did Adobe [other than the mud]....or any form of graphic-capable computers for that matter.

Anyone who thinks it was contrived is smoking an odd weed.

angus1949
Reply #8 Saturday, July 18, 2009 10:09 AM

You tell em Jafo.  I also believe Oswald acted alone, Jack Ruby acted alone and so did Sirhan-Sirhan.  I must go now, it's time for my anti-psycotic meds.

vStyler
Reply #9 Saturday, July 18, 2009 10:15 AM

Anyone who thinks it was contrived is smoking an odd weed.

or killer crack.

Philly0381
Reply #10 Saturday, July 18, 2009 11:59 AM

I wrote this in the IRC the other day.

When confronted with the truth, most people would rather believe the lie, why, because it's more plausible and believable.

But then that is human nature, why would anyone be telling us the truth, oh wait, it was our Government.

angus1949
Reply #11 Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:37 PM

Achems' razor.  The most simple answer is usually the truth.

TheD2JBug
Reply #12 Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:29 PM

Moon Land Hoax truthers PWNED

sAARGe
Reply #13 Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:02 PM

they did or not .... but we have 200 Billion galaxies in front of us to discover .........

and what we did so far is thanx to these events ... (Apollo 14 and etc)

storm347
Reply #14 Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:43 PM

Anyone who thinks it was contrived is smoking an odd weed.

or killer crack.     more like they are smoking both together

Reply #15 Saturday, July 18, 2009 3:47 PM

It was most certainly not contrived. The high res vids were recently rediscovered at a Gov't. storage facility (no, not Warehouse 13, and no, not next to The Ark of The Covenant).

Some folks can't believe the Gov't. at all, and that's their problem. As far as I'm concerned, some of the greatest heroes (a deflated word, nowadays) this planet has ever known climbed on top of monster rockets armed with computers with less power than pda's (which they frequently had to reprogram to work) and rode those huge, untried roman candles into the unknown.

Stand up on your hind legs and salute them. G-d knows they deserve it!

starkers
Reply #16 Saturday, July 18, 2009 11:34 PM

No way it was a hoax... the conspiracy theorists just had to debunk it because there was nothing much else doing at the time... and they had to discredit something of major importance to derive their 5 minutes of fame/get their names in the history books as well.

Stand up on your hind legs and salute them. G-d knows they deserve it!

I'm with you, Doc, those astronauts (all astronauts) are the bravest people on Earth.  The fact that they boarded rockets into what was the greatest unknown of all commands the greatest respect and admiration we can show.

IROKONESS
Reply #17 Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:17 PM

No disrespect but I think it's a bunch a hooey made up to finish the space race.

Philly0381
Reply #18 Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:27 PM

Hmmm, so if anyone of us that reads this thread that may have had some connection to NASA and the space program, we shouldn't be just a little upset right now?

Nimbin
Reply #19 Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:23 PM

No disrespect but I think it's a bunch a hooey made up to finish the space race

no offence mate, But you need to change drug dealers lol. the crack your smoking now seems to be tainted

k10w3
Reply #20 Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:54 PM

LOL.

No, but they did have cameras that could take close up pictures of....oh I don't know, may be the skin of an orange?  Without the arrows and words to tell us what is supposedly represented in the picture, how many of us here would have guessed that was the surface of the moon?  I enjoy those "guess what this is" macro photography pictures, like they have here:  http://floorsix.blogspot.com/

That being said, I don't think the moonlanding was a hoax.  But I don't think our world would be that different if it HAD been a hoax.  It may have been a "giant step for mankind" but it doesn't really affect me that much.