The 65 Mph Kiss

Life moves pretty fast...

Sunday, April 5, 2009 by messiah1 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

With four young children, my wife and I don't get much time alone.  With me working days and her going to school at night, we don't get much time together.  When I leave work, my wife leaves for school and the 12 year old is in charge for 30 minutes until I get home.  During that ride home, about midway through, I pass my wife headed in the opposite direction.  I always keep an eye out for her (if I don't, she makes sure I know about it) in the general area that we pass.  I always "throw" her a kiss when I see her, and that is usually at a point where I'm cruising at...you guessed it, 65 Mph.  We take what we can get.  As Ferris said, Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Anyone else have a similar story?

angus1949
Reply #1 Sunday, April 5, 2009 10:07 PM

No, but yours is touching you big Munkeh!

Skinhit
Reply #2 Sunday, April 5, 2009 10:09 PM

nice story messy...

starkers
Reply #3 Monday, April 6, 2009 12:17 AM

I always "throw" her a kiss when I see her, and that is usually at a point where I'm cruising at...you guessed it, 65 Mph.

At that speed, let's just hope you don't get liplock.

voidcore
Reply #4 Monday, April 6, 2009 8:05 AM

The impact of that kiss at the velocity it must have with two objects travelling in oppsite directions can be devastating!!!

Love hurts.. .....but you know no pain no gain..... ...atleast i meet my wife for 1-2hours a day when she comes home from work..

Lantec
Reply #5 Monday, April 6, 2009 8:15 AM

Not exactly the same but interesting........

A friend of mine is a motorcycle mechanic. He got a call from someone that had recently had repairs made at their shop. The fellow was stranded and could not get his bike started.

He took one of the company trucks to the customer's location and within a couple minutes got his bike running and just to make sure he went for a quick test drive. He came up to a stop light and noticed that the car coming up behind him was not slowing down and rea;ized he was going to be hit. Well the driver must've seen him at the last moment because after some squealing tires he was hit and thrown about 30 feet through the air suffering a hip fracture and a broken leg.

The driver of the vehicle immediately came to his aid and helped him remove his helmet only to find she had just run over her husband. That was back in the early 90s and they are still married.......but we NEVER let her forget

Reply #6 Monday, April 6, 2009 9:03 AM

Wow...I thought I had things rotten back when I served in the Navy...I'd see her every week to two weeks...still managed to have two boys that way...but having to pass at 65 mph...don't think I'd wanna try it that way.

mickeko
Reply #7 Monday, April 6, 2009 9:33 AM

The relative speed would be 130 mph... That's some kiss dude.

starkers
Reply #8 Monday, April 6, 2009 10:36 AM

The relative speed would be 130 mph...

Just as well they're not trying something else, then.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #9 Monday, April 6, 2009 1:12 PM

Just as well they're not trying something else, then.

It would all be over in a second - sound familiar?

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #10 Monday, April 6, 2009 1:28 PM

a female mannequin in the passenger seat could lead to an interesting scene at home later.

Thuglifejunior
Reply #11 Monday, April 6, 2009 1:28 PM

It would all be over in a second - sound familiar?

Thuglifejunior
Reply #12 Monday, April 6, 2009 1:35 PM

Thats a very touching story actually it must suck to live that way, but when the chips are down you have to play them the way they fall, it will all be worth it in the end....I am the other way round, since the accident, me and the Missus are together 24/7, which let me tell you after 9 years can get pretty intense, especially when you're young, I mean you are only supposed to do this in retirement aren't you.....but as I say you play the way the chips have fallen, and if you can do it with a chuckle and a smile on your face, then it doesn't seem that hard at the end of the day....well sometimes, a lot of times, most of the time it is Ha Ha Ha Ha .....great stroy Messiah...I really feel for you ....the cow is for the kiss you missed, guess what you hit when you threw that last kiss??????

messiah1
Reply #13 Monday, April 6, 2009 1:45 PM

Indeed it would.

CarGuy1
Reply #14 Monday, April 6, 2009 1:56 PM

Great story.

mickeko
Reply #15 Monday, April 6, 2009 2:40 PM

It's not a STORY.... It's a postmodern representation of the busy world we live in.

superman
Reply #16 Monday, April 6, 2009 5:49 PM

At least You get a 65kph kiss.... I dont get even that bcoz my dreamgirl lives at some light-years. I see her with Hubble Telescope and throw her a kiss. She too threw.... her sandal which is coming towards me but it will take some time and I am desparately waiting for that.

PS. If you can't understand forgive me. I can't explain it any better, thiinking about her I get little confuzzled.....

Wizard1956
Reply #17 Monday, April 6, 2009 6:03 PM

That's a nice story,the kiss is undoubtedly safer than talking on the cell phone while driving.

Just be cautious of sudden stops,it could result in "liplash"

superman
Reply #18 Monday, April 6, 2009 6:54 PM

I named a girl in my class as 'kismis'(raisins) read as KissMiss.

I named her sister as 'kaju' (cashew).

Raisins and Cashew are used in cooking 'Pudding'...an Indian food. I used to say it loud in class that I will eat u both just to pass comment. But I dont know why Kaju started coming in my dreams every night. Then I realised she is my dreamgirl but by then I had teased her a lot to get any chance for me. But now the day she got married she never came into my dreams since then. Now I realize my new dreamgirl is KissMiss... may be

bk13GarbageMan
Reply #19 Monday, April 6, 2009 7:18 PM

Really nice Munkeh! great movie too!

Reply #20 Monday, April 6, 2009 7:26 PM

messiah1

Indeed it would.

Menage a balloon....that's something that could blow up in your face...so to peak speak.