Thursday, April 2, 2009 by Philly0381 | Discussion: Personal Computing
ShelbyGT and myself were having a discussion about computers and updating them when we hit on the idea of how cool it would be if Stardock were to have computers sytems for sale. Think about it now, they could be pre-certified to run Stardock software/games and preloaded with Impulse for those folks that all ready have purchased software or have subscriptions to ObjectDesktop, just sign in and download. It should take care of all the 'Stardock software won't run on my system' threads in the fourms.
Hmm, wonder if this idea has ever seen the light of day at Stardock?
As you can imagine any venture like this would have to be thought out before attempting it.
1. It would have to make a profit.
2. Who builds it, Stardock or do you out source it?
3. What OS is loaded on it?
4. Do you offer a 'Good', 'Better' and 'Best' system configuration?
5. Would the existing Stardock support structure be able to handle it?
6. Would anyone buy a computer from Stardock?
So what do you think folks, should Stardock look at this? Would you be interested? What would you like to see in a system (Good, Better, Best). I have no idea if this is even possible or even being thought about at Stardock but lets see your comments of what you think. It would be great to hear from some SD reps or even the Frog himself.
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!