How do I find the WallPapers I just downloaded???

Saturday, March 14, 2009 by Praxous | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Any one please help. How do I find wallpapers I got from Wincustomize and yes I have Impulse.?

WebGizmos
Reply #1 Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:39 AM

Well....when you clicked on download what folder did you download to? You need to pay attention to that from now on.

If you know the name of the wallpaper you can do a search for it.

Praxous
Reply #2 Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:43 AM

I let it go into its defalt file and now I can not find them any where.

Praxous
Reply #3 Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:48 AM

and this is where  one of them went and i cann't find it.  C:\Documents and Settings\Praxous\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IZ1YZ3G8\wallpaper_spiderman_02_1280[1]. I can not find the Local settings file. what do I do????

Bebi Bulma
Reply #4 Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:49 AM

What browser are you using? I suggest going into the Tools/Settings, find the download options, and instead of default, make it ask where to save each time.

Praxous
Reply #5 Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:58 AM

useing Inernet Exlporer 7

Bebi Bulma
Reply #6 Saturday, March 14, 2009 5:15 AM

Bebi Bulma glares at IE

Damned if I know where the download settings are, why can't it be nice and cooperate like Firefox.

Wizard1956
Reply #7 Saturday, March 14, 2009 6:58 AM

When you click the Download button,select "Save"  Then in the window that opens,browse to the folder you want them to go to.(Pictures.Documents,whatever) Then hit "Save"

The folder you are looking for is probably a hidden one. You will need to go to Folder Options and select "Show hidden files and folders". then you should be able to see it. I hope this helps you out.

davyandjane
Reply #8 Saturday, March 14, 2009 8:10 AM

just do a search on computer for jpg

Wizard1956
Reply #9 Saturday, March 14, 2009 8:57 AM

just do a search on computer for jpg
Depending on what is on your computer that can be a lot of images,(I show 1,349 items for example),but it will get the job done as well.

CarGuy1
Reply #10 Saturday, March 14, 2009 9:21 AM

Vista? If so look in your c:\user\yourname\downloads

An easy way to find out where thier going is to download a new wallpaper and see where it defaults to.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #11 Saturday, March 14, 2009 9:37 AM

Vista? If so look in your c:\user\yourname\downloads

He's on XP

In IE if you right click the image and choose 'save picture as' then select a location, it will remember for next time.

cplair
Reply #12 Saturday, March 14, 2009 9:59 AM

The folder you are looking for is probably a hidden one

And this would be a major navigation problem if your system is defaulted for "Do Not Show Hidden Files or Folders".

Good Luck!

If you know the name of the wallpaper you can do a search for it

Or at least a portion of the wallpaper's name.

mickeko
Reply #13 Saturday, March 14, 2009 1:22 PM

Don't choose to run/open the wallpaper, you need to save the file.

I suggest you grab hold of some friend who knows some of the basics about your OS, and ask him/her to show you some simple tricks of the trade.

HG_Eliminator
Reply #14 Saturday, March 14, 2009 7:29 PM

A wise Idea would be to create a "Downloads" folder on your desktop or some where easy to access on your PC, then try downloading another item, In the popup window that opens select "Save file", Use the second window to browsr your PC to the "Downloads" folder you created then save it to there. Now you should be able to easily find all your downloads..

Wizard1956
Reply #15 Saturday, March 14, 2009 7:38 PM

Vista has one by default,I use it for all downloads and extract  and/or move them from there. I dislike having things on my desktop. That's a great suggestion for XP users,HG

scruf57
Reply #16 Saturday, March 14, 2009 7:58 PM

If you have Vista-it is under computer-public-public documents-stardock-windowblinds---in that folder is your wallpaper