The best cursor skinner.

I want to know your opinion

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 by the lordset 1 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Who do you think is the best designer of cursors? I have added this list of top cursor FX skinners. Please your opinion is welcome.
A. treetog.
B. jalentorn.
C. JJ Ying.
D. (lgp85)Libardo.
E. J. Aroche.
To vote, My favorite is......
karmat
Reply #1 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:02 PM

I think BoXXi and PuterDudeJim should be added to the list.

Reply #2 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:04 PM

Don't really think there's a "best" anything/anyone.

That's because things/people/art, etc. are always changing and criteria are totally subjective (logical positivism)

the lordset 1
Reply #3 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:08 PM

Well, Karmat this is the top downloads list.  , please your vote.

the lordset 1
Reply #4 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:12 PM
I just want to know who is the most favorite, nothing more
Reply #5 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:23 PM

I understood that. I was honestly only trying to explain why that isn't really a meaningful distinction to make.

karmat
Reply #6 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:32 PM

the lordset 1
Well, Karmat this is the top downloads list.  , please your vote.

I don't have a favourite, cause I love them all! I change my desktop so often that I end up using cursors from all the artists on your list, even yours !!! I can say though that one of my favourite cursors is 'Jet' by SAARGe.

Wizard1956
Reply #7 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:36 PM

The best cursor skinner is......CFX,of course.

WOM
Reply #8 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:46 PM

I hate theses whos the best,  Downloads doesn't always tell the story as people delete skins from their libraries and some don't.  Also, some quit doing them or just quit skinning ahile other just keep right on skinning.

BONEHEADdb
Reply #9 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:17 PM

Well, Karmat this is the top downloads list.

Downloads are not an accurate indicator of quality or skill. Downloads are effected by a number of things. One must use a bunch of cursors from a bunch of skinners to determine who is the best. And then that's just one opinion.

How about a contest?!!!

Philly0381
Reply #10 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:36 PM

I agree with the replies so far, a list around here trying to show who is the best doesn't really make much sense.

Now if it's a list of folks who don't have subscriptions here then I say publish it!

Nimbin
Reply #11 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:44 PM

they are all great, To ask who is the best is pointless.

sydneysiders
Reply #12 Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:50 PM

yep...agree with all above...downloads are a very unreliable way of judging quality.....all listed are wonderful creators...as I'm sure are many more who are unmentioned.....people's tastes will also differ greatly...

I will say...I use Javier's alot...as they are related to many of the skins I use....and are just incredibly designed.....a talented guy...

I'm sure everyone will have their own specific criteria....and it is interesting to see all the different designs...and how flash some are....but for me, when it comes to keeping them to work with...they have to be very usable...not too distracting....and a fine highlighting stroke line for wordprocessing use...

TYCUS
Reply #13 Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:11 AM

cplair
Reply #14 Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:25 AM

ain't touchin' this one

Leo the Lion
Reply #15 Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:27 AM

cplair
ain't touchin' this one

Me too

TYCUS
Reply #16 Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:31 AM

Skinhit
Reply #17 Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:38 AM

The best cursor skinner is......CFX,of course

cplair
Reply #18 Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:58 AM

I feel you Tycus!  Not even an honorable mention.

It's why I won't touch this!

angus1949
Reply #19 Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:29 AM

Just creates a point of contention.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #20 Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:06 AM

There are many fine skinners on WinCustomize. To say one is better than another is inappropriate.

Just enjoy what you have