How to make an DX object that animates only on mouseover?

Sunday, February 1, 2009 by zigboom | Discussion: Skinning

Ive just made my first DX object, should be available soon in my gallery... Anyway, it's an animated object (with 86 frames) ..  So far i managed to make it animate constantly. I would like to know how to make it animate only on mouseover.

Tailsgirl
Reply #1 Sunday, February 1, 2009 8:54 AM

Heya zig ,Just edit the states, and have a static version for the those states, no frames, just the default 1, and your original image, and add the frame info etc, to the mouseover state, I think.

zigboom
Reply #2 Sunday, February 1, 2009 9:06 AM

Thanx Tailsgirl, I tried already but somehow didn't menage .. Anyway, i'll try again and see how it goes... I've just uploaded it and it got approved (so fast .. Maybe you'll like to check it out and try .. Anyway, no worries, i'll try again when i have the time to explore the magic of DX ..

Tailsgirl
Reply #3 Sunday, February 1, 2009 9:11 AM

Ok zig, I'm gonna take a look , and keep on trying, you're doing great

Tailsgirl
Reply #4 Sunday, February 1, 2009 9:18 AM

Whoa there zig, that is ONE SWEET Object!!! it reminds me of my Nebula ball, which I was going to attempt to make hehe, well done!!

sViz
Reply #5 Sunday, February 1, 2009 11:07 AM

Hey, zig. Cool object.

Tailsgirl is right. You'll need a single image for mouse away, and then your animated image for mouse over. Be sure to check 'Interruptable' in your animation settings or the animation will continue to loop even when you mouse away.

Happy DXing!

Tailsgirl
Reply #6 Sunday, February 1, 2009 8:27 PM

hehe Thanks sViz, I knew it was right, I just didn't word it correctly lol

...Now to find some electrical brushes for my Nebula Ball.

zigboom
Reply #7 Monday, February 2, 2009 3:46 AM

Thanx Tailsgirl and sViz. Now i got it .. single image and "interruptable".. Cool, always good to learn another trick Anyway, thanx for the feedback and help, very nice to see some love for wild things

Lumic
Reply #8 Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:30 AM

Can't wait for another DX designer!

Tailsgirl
Reply #9 Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:37 AM

It totally ROCKS!!! That must have taken hours hehehe

zigboom
Reply #10 Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:25 PM

Thanx SinTactics, me 2 ...  Hi Tailsgirl, thanx for the smiles and stars yes, quite few hrs..  all hand work, no way around that in this case... 86 frames in 10fps so it gives more than 8 seconds of looping.. thinking to expend the idea because of the warm feedback... pointless eye candy ROCKS !!!

Tailsgirl
Reply #11 Tuesday, February 3, 2009 5:04 PM

Awesome, I love eye candy, can't wait to see what you come up with next buddy.

zigboom
Reply #12 Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:59 AM

Yeh... me 2.. hope the muses will come for a visit soon ...