lock,stock, and two smoking barrels

Friday, December 26, 2008 by Vampothika | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

I finally bought it on dvd the other day.......and I forgot how much i enjoyed it.....i pissed myself laughing almost the whole way through.....i love this movie, now i got the soundtrack too....its gonna be a keeper in my car for my cd player......

i luv being a wanna be brittish gangster..........

i think im being grossly influenced, the othernight i had a dream, and some guy asked me a question, and i answered in a pommy accent...this is what i said in my dream: "how stupid are you? that question you asked takes men back to the neanderthal age...".......... ya..i know..insane...LOL

Tailsgirl
Reply #1 Friday, December 26, 2008 4:04 PM

Sweet, I got Hancock last night.. it wasn't as funny as it looked on the ads

As for gangsta flicks, I don't mind them, but I'm more a Mafia chick, LOVE Goodfellas, Casino etc

Ausvet
Reply #2 Friday, December 26, 2008 5:20 PM

Goodfellas is great for a frozen pizza making company. Though Dr Oetker is better.

starkers
Reply #3 Friday, December 26, 2008 10:05 PM

I recently watched 'Wanted' with Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie and thoroughly enjoyed it... that was a rental, but it's a movie I will have to add to my collection in the very near future.  Morgan Freeman is one of my all-time fav actors... which reminds me, I'll have to add 'The Shawshank Redemption" to the list.

I don't buy a lot of DVD's due to getting 3 Pigpond rentals delivered each week - and they're usually enough, being that I spend more time on my PC than I do in front of the TV - but we occasionally have a DVD night, and adding (what I/we call) classics will provide us a bit more variety....

Aargghhh, now why didn't Santa bring me the entire collection of Stargate and Stargate Atlantis... I could sit in front of that all night, no problem.

Sweet, I got Hancock last night.. it wasn't as funny as it looked on the ads

Yeah, I watched 'Hancock' the same night as I saw 'Wanted'... not too bad,either, tho I think it was more an action drama with a few funny bits than a straight-up comedy.

Tailsgirl
Reply #4 Friday, December 26, 2008 10:22 PM

Yeah, it froze 12 minutes before the end, so my son took it back, and we still don't know how it ends

Vampothika
Reply #5 Friday, December 26, 2008 11:03 PM

Yeah i bought wanted as one of my chrissy pressies, i fell in love with it the first time i watched it.... they all end up dead tailsgirl....cept the good guy.......

Tailsgirl
Reply #6 Friday, December 26, 2008 11:07 PM

hehe, they came back to life though, then I saw up to where Will called his wife, and said he had bad cell reception, then it froze

Vampothika
Reply #7 Friday, December 26, 2008 11:16 PM

hheeh.......awww..........

Tailsgirl
Reply #8 Friday, December 26, 2008 11:25 PM

I was hoping Hancock would go postal on Jason Bateman

Vampothika
Reply #9 Friday, December 26, 2008 11:26 PM

who is this hancock??? is it a horror flick, and jason bateman deserves everything he gets..hes a lOOOSER........lol  I cant watch horror flickies...i think the bad guy in the movie is real and will come after me......thanks to jaws i STILL cant swim in a swimming pool......well not alone anyways.   *sheesh* no lie.

Tailsgirl
Reply #10 Friday, December 26, 2008 11:33 PM

hehe it's a comedy.. kinda

As for horror, I LOVE IT!!

The only horror, if you could call it that, that freaked me out was the ring, I can't watch it.. a lot of people said the same thing, nothing scary, it's just a feeling it gives me

I can watch people being hacked up and all that crap, and it doesn't bother me, but that creepy girl climbing through the tv.. *shudder*... go figure..

Vampothika
Reply #11 Friday, December 26, 2008 11:37 PM

okays ill check it out.........

Erk.
Reply #12 Friday, December 26, 2008 11:49 PM

By a strange coincidence, I also watched Hancock last night. Could have been better, perhaps if they make a sequel...

Also watched Apocalypto ....now THAT was a great movie. [A Mel Gibson produced flick]

Tailsgirl
Reply #13 Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:12 AM

Erk, I guess Will Smith never got his wife back?

Yeah it was.. to be honest.. pretty boring up to the point where Charlize Theron hurled him through the wall of her house

Erk.
Reply #14 Saturday, December 27, 2008 8:08 AM

Erk, I guess Will Smith never got his wife back?

Now that would be telling ...

Tailsgirl
Reply #15 Saturday, December 27, 2008 8:33 AM

TELL me, I'm not buying it again.

starkers
Reply #16 Saturday, December 27, 2008 8:46 AM

TELL me, I'm not buying it again

Orright, she runs off with the gypsies to become a fortune teller, and he joins a monastary to become a wine maker.

Ooops!!  That was the alternate ending for the 'director's cut' release due out 1Q/09.

Reply #17 Saturday, December 27, 2008 8:59 AM

Tailsgirl
TELL me, I'm not buying it again.

Of course he gets her back in the end...just in time to see the Spaniards arrive. More good luck there, what?

I've refused to watch any of his movies because of his obnoxious antisemitism. What a disappointment that drunken episode was.

Hard to believe what he said to the officer who pulled him over. It even became a thinly veiled plot for "Law and Order".

DPCloud
Reply #18 Saturday, December 27, 2008 9:19 AM

The Silence of the Lambs, but I didn’t care for the last movie in the series.

Erk.
Reply #19 Sunday, December 28, 2008 12:35 AM

Erm, Doc ....TG was referring to Hancock, not Apocalypto.

I agree with you re Gibsons outburst during his drunken binge. Very very (plus infinitum) stupid. Not going to let that stop me watching the movies he might make in future though. He might be a daft bastard when drunk, but he does turn out a good flick.

We all make stupid mistakes at times... [Though Mel's was Epic Stupidity++]

Tailsgirl, No .... She stays with the current husband. Will & her have to stay apart ...if they stay together, they cancelled out each others powers and become mortal.

Can't say more than that though, might spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet.

heh..

Tailsgirl
Reply #20 Sunday, December 28, 2008 12:39 AM

Yep Erk, I figured they wouldn't get together, they'd keep on losing their bullet-proofness

It's just that Jason Bason = drop-kick