Using IP icons in ODock Plus

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 by ama02 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

I am running ODock Plus, and would like to know if/how it's possible to use icons from an IconPackager set. I have ObjectDesktop but do not have IP installed. Is there a way to extract the icons and use them in ODock?

k10w3
Reply #1 Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:19 PM

Yes, but you have to install each individual icon to each program on your dock, except the recycle bin and "My computer" - Just right click on the icon in the doct your want to change to bring up "dock entry properties" then click the "change images" button and navigate to the IP package you want to change to, find the icon in that particular package you want to install to the dock and pick it, then it sets, and your done!

ama02
Reply #2 Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:26 PM

Thanks for the quick reply! Do I not need to extract the icons from the IP package first, to be able to see the individual icons?

k10w3
Reply #3 Tuesday, December 9, 2008 5:34 PM

ama02

Oh, I was assuming you already had IP uploaded and the icons you wanted extracted to IP.  Yeah...you would have to do that first, which is also useful so you can find the individual icon you want to apply to your dock.  (The icons are numbered in IP, and you can pick them out easier from the list that way).

starkers
Reply #4 Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5:24 AM

What I do is have IP save Packages as individual Icons, then export them to an icons folder I created inside the OD Plus folder.. once in the OD folder you can load the icons as required to your dock from> Dock Entry Properties> Change Image and select the icon from ObjectDock> Icons> 'icon folder' from the treeview on the left of the dialog window.

wulfn1
Reply #5 Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:11 AM

also, in the reverse, if you have an object dock icon that you like enough to include in your icon package, (for me it's usually thunderbird and firefox because most ip's don't include them) you can edit the png in icon developer and save it as an icon. Also nice , you can recolor to match whatever ip you are using.

[edit] ooops, didn't read the last line... I guess if you don't use Iconpackager that tip is useless. sorry!

ama02
Reply #6 Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:13 PM

Thanks for the help everyone! wulfn1 is right, I don't have IP installed right now. But I do have IconWorkshop installed, so I will try accessing the individual icons through that...since I'm looking for only a few. Thanks again!