BoXXi would like to say thank you.......

Thursday, August 7, 2008 by BoXXi | Discussion: Community

Hi guys and gals! First of all, it's an amazing thing to have a tribute suite made for you, and even MORE amazing when you see all the talented people who have contributed and made it so bloody brilliant! I have downloaded all the skins from the suite and had a play with them, and they are all really nice to use.

Some of you may be wondering where I disappeared to so suddenly, leaving behind one of my greatest loves, skinning. Well, my wife has cancer and we have been concentrating on trying to get her well again. She has had a couple of operations recently and we are awaiting the results of the last one (which she had about a week ago) to see if everything is clear. Fingers crossed!!

I have 3 children aged 16, 14 and 3, so as you can imagine, life has been a little hectic.
I quit my job at the casino too as I was finding it difficult to work nights and do all the other stuff too. So, now you know what dragged me away from creating skins and themes, and I'm sure you all appreciate that some things are more important than our hobbies and pastimes, no matter how much we love them!

Anyway, back to this wonderful tribute suite...... I truly never expected people to get together and do something like this for me, and it's actually quite moving. I always just made stuff for fun or for myself, so it's nice to know that people remember me and the stuff I made.

TheD2JBug is the person responsible for this, and I have to thank him again for coming up with this idea and making it come together. And to ALL the skinners and artists that put their time into this... THANK YOU!!! You warmed my heart.

And of course..... a special mention to Kitty Malone for taking on the window blind, i KNOW how hard it is to make one of them, and you did a great job. I know you are having a few problems of your own from what I have read tonight, so, take care.

I hope you don't mind if I don't comment on all the individual skins in the suite, it would take forever and I don't have too much time these days. Suffice to say, I love them all and they will stay with me forever and remind me of all the wonderful people that populate this site.

Maybe I'll get to skin again some day, who knows? But if I do, I will dedicate the first new thing that I make to all you guys that did this for me.

Take care................. see you around I hope.

Bryan (BoXXi)

BoXXi
Reply #1 Thursday, August 7, 2008 9:03 PM
OOPS! I forgot to say hi to all my buddies at Stardock! I miss you guys!!
Hankers
Reply #2 Thursday, August 7, 2008 9:12 PM
Nice to hear from you Bryan. You and your family are in our prayers. Please keep us updated.
Xiandi
Reply #3 Thursday, August 7, 2008 9:52 PM
It was my pleasure to work on the tribute.  I hope things work out well for you and your family. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Philly0381
Reply #4 Thursday, August 7, 2008 10:49 PM
Great to hear from you. Don't be a stranger.
Leo the Lion
Reply #5 Friday, August 8, 2008 1:13 AM
Bryan, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's situation. My thoughts go out to you and I hope everything turns out OK. You always showed what a wonderful person you were in and around the skinning community and now you are doing the same for your family. I would not expect less from a truly 'good guy' and gentlemen and you and your family will be in my thoughts for the near future.
I.R. Brainiac
Reply #6 Friday, August 8, 2008 1:42 AM
I'll send a prayer for your wife and family.Serious stuff.
zakai1369
Reply #7 Friday, August 8, 2008 1:45 AM
Nice of you to take the time out to write this. Hope everything turns out okay with your wife.
Vampothika
Reply #8 Friday, August 8, 2008 1:46 AM
........you are most welcome sweetheart..(huggles) I truly hope yr wife will be okay. My advice, look up the water cure website, and raw food websites, and a decent fasting website. (fasting is an awsome way to rid the body of rubbish and allow it to self heal)

with much sisterly love and respect.

Kitty.
RickJP
Reply #9 Friday, August 8, 2008 3:01 AM
Hope it all works out well for your wife.
Pixeleo
Reply #10 Friday, August 8, 2008 3:08 AM
Fingers crossed here too
kenwas
Reply #11 Friday, August 8, 2008 3:08 AM
Great to hear from you Bryan and my prayers go out to you family.
WebGizmos
Reply #12 Friday, August 8, 2008 4:02 AM
Brian....Your welcome as far as my part in this...it was a pleasure to do! Having said that....I really hope everything works out for your family and your wife pulls through this. I can't imagine having 3 kids to take care of in these rough times right now. Whether your here or not...you'll always here as long as we are...so do what you have to...no matter how long it takes...and know that the door has never shut.
CarGuy1
Reply #13 Friday, August 8, 2008 7:17 AM
It was a pleasure to be part of the tribute and I hope things work out for you and your family.
warreni
Reply #14 Friday, August 8, 2008 7:28 AM
Hey man,

Good luck to you and your family. You'd have to be crazy not to put them way above this gig, and I think everyone here feels that way. I hope your wife makes a full recovery and the two of you have many more years together to spend with your children.

Bushman
Reply #15 Friday, August 8, 2008 7:39 AM
I'll put your wife in my prayers and I'll keep my fingers crossed also.
Phoon
Reply #16 Friday, August 8, 2008 7:41 AM
I wish you the all the best Boxxi. Take care of the family and we all hope things work out positively for you. Everyone looks forward to a day when you can come back to the hobbies you love so well.
Wizard1956
Reply #17 Friday, August 8, 2008 7:50 AM
It's good hearing from you,BoXXi.You and your family will be in our prayers.Rose
Quicksilver007
Reply #18 Friday, August 8, 2008 8:28 AM
Great to hear from you Bryan. All the best to you and your family. You and family are in our thoughts and prayers.
RomanDA
Reply #19 Friday, August 8, 2008 8:37 AM
Keep hanging in there bud, you have been in my prayers for months. We miss you a lot here a lot. Msg me sometime if you need a laugh, or if you really want a laugh check: Link
ZubaZ
Reply #20 Friday, August 8, 2008 10:34 AM
Good thoughts and prayers to you and yours.  Every little bit counts, right?