Can I use scripts from widgets or objects which come with Desktopx !?!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 by superman | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Hi
Please  Tell Me If I Can Use Scripts From Widgets Or Objects That Come With Desktopx like analog clocks, frames, zoomer etc?

Can I Use Scripts From Tutorial Objects Or From Frogboy's Fish?

Thanks In Advance....
Vad_M
Reply #1 Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:55 AM
My thoughts about:

1. You may take the scripts and use them if this is really "Tutorial Objects" and DesktopX End User License Agriment (EULA) allow you to do that.

2. Any of Widget's Scripts has their own Authors (if this is certainly a "WIDGET" but not just a "SKIN" for some old script). So... Open About Box to find the Author's Name, then email him to ask about permission. Get it and use the scripts.
superman
Reply #2 Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:28 AM
1.Thank You. Not each is tutorial object but the Author is Stardock. Zoomer is in tutorial object & I will take scripts for analog clock and picture frames or slideshows from forums if Stardock's scripts are not allowed.
2.I had post a comment on Frogboy's page for his Moving Objects .dxpack script but no confirmation as of yet, one more but that perhaps it's tagged under tutorials.
3.I need Frogboy's Neon Fish Script for my fishes, I am making several fishes, few are complete for me... and I use them too but want them to be available here too.
4.I don't know how to learn vbscript. Everytime I start, my mind diffuses...
5.Thanks, I direly need some scripts...... I have only three scripts with permission till now..... hue change, rotation, random motion....
6.!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
superman
Reply #3 Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:07 PM
!?!
Vad_M
Reply #4 Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:39 PM
I don't know how to learn vbscript. Everytime I start, my mind diffuses...

Hmmm... Three years ago I didn't know nothing about VBScript. Bu I much wanted to make my own widgets! It was my Great Dream!

And I began to study DesktopX Documentation as well as to find the VBScript Tutorials and Script Examples through Google. I agree. It took a lot of time for this (as for any other Knowledge by the way). However now I even can't imagine a thing I will not create with DesktopX because I can make everything. And I'm very proud!

So seems you haven't the other way except the detailed studying DesktopX and VBScript if you really want to make your own, exclusive widgets. And any permissions will not help you with this.
WeatherBound
Reply #5 Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:55 PM

Oh Boy! now I know who to ask for help with this stuff.
ZubaZ
Reply #6 Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:08 PM
Can you make me type/spell weell or make RomanDA look good?  I thought not.  No one has that kind of powre.
Vad_M
Reply #7 Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:14 PM
Please don't think that my words is my advertising. I just wanted to say that only the hard and everyday work can allow you to achieve your goal. No more...

Oh Boy! now I know who to ask for help with this stuff.

I'm always ready to help people if my time allows me to do this.

Can you make me type/spell weell or make RomanDA look good?

Hmmmm... Zu, What did you mean? May be you want that I began make graphics for David?

superman
Reply #8 Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:57 PM
The only reason I can't learn vbscript is that my syllabus & work doesn't leaves me with so much time. But I will learn one or two pages daily.
Thanks...
superman
Reply #9 Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:09 PM
I didn't think It was an advertising by you. I knew it was an example.
Can I make scripts after learning desktopx documentation and example scripts.
Is Brad & Frogboy same?
Well Zu Uncle, you should play scrabble.
Bichur
Reply #10 Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:02 AM
Brad & Frogboy same

Vad_M
Reply #11 Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:06 AM

I understand you. This is really very and very hard...
Can I make scripts after learning desktopx documentation and example scripts.

Yes. You will make a scripts. I know this. Just it's necessary a bit of your patience and persistence.

And I'm ready to help. For example you may email me any of your scripts (as dxpack) for testing and (or) correction. No doubt I always will find a few hours for this.
superman
Reply #12 Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:26 AM
I learnt some functions today. And i will learn daily something.
Thanks for help. I will mail u if i need.
ZubaZ
Reply #13 Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:48 AM
Brad (Frogboy/Draginol) stated in the past that as long as you gve credit for Stardock created scripts you were fine to use them.
superman
Reply #14 Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:08 PM
To whom should I give credit. Stardock or Frogboy for Fishy script.
Thanks for reply 13.
ZubaZ
Reply #15 Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:17 PM
Stardock is fine.
WeatherBound
Reply #16 Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:30 PM
This is relly good to know. Thanks Zubaz
Vad_M
Reply #17 Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:43 PM
I will mail u if i need.

Okay. I'll be waiting.

This is great! So you must do only one little thing. Just write: "Big thanks to Stardock for their scripts" in your widget description.

Seems your Power is Boundless now!

Stardock is fine.

This Axiom is most clear for each of us!

PuterDudeJim
Reply #18 Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:45 PM
Awesome!!!
superman
Reply #19 Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:29 PM
Ok i will write "Big Thanks To Stardock For Their Scripts" And I will learn vbscript too.
Hey WeatherBound & PeterDudejm, you are also like me. Why don't you learn vbscript?
:smile: