Start Menu Item 1st state

Monday, June 16, 2008 by theAVMAN | Discussion: Skinning

Does anyone know if the 1st state of the Start Menu Item is support by all PC's?I know I am seeing it in alot more screen shots.

It has always worked on mine but I don't design around it because it has not alwats been supported on other PC's.

in SKS6 it would be

Edit Start Menu and Taskbar/Statr Menu/Item mouseover

IRB I know we have discussed this before have you found a solution?

Thanks A/V
NightTrainthedark
Reply #1 Monday, June 16, 2008 11:18 AM
It doesn't work on mine through 3 Operating systems but it works on my wifes. I could never find a solution. Been years now.
theAVMAN
Reply #2 Monday, June 16, 2008 11:36 AM
Thanks Craig

It has baffled me as well!In the troll thumping skin I had panels on chains and only 1/4 of the people saw them.So I remade some areas of the start panel so you could read the text w/out them!

BTW...HAVEN is Dynamite!!

I Don't know how this got in objectBar I thought I hit skinning?
ZubaZ
Reply #3 Monday, June 16, 2008 1:54 PM
I Don't know how this got in objectBar I thought I hit skinning?
Moved.
theAVMAN
Reply #4 Monday, June 16, 2008 2:42 PM
Moved.

Thank you!!!
PuterDudeJim
Reply #5 Monday, June 16, 2008 4:34 PM

I don't even know what that means, someone please enlighten me.
I.R. Brainiac
Reply #6 Monday, June 16, 2008 5:08 PM
No first states here on XP nvidia 8600gt.
Vampothika
Reply #7 Monday, June 16, 2008 7:55 PM
ohhh do you mean when some item mouse over's have two images instead of one???......i always thought that was there so it would just 'work' didnt realize it was for 'states'
I.R. Brainiac
Reply #8 Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:14 AM
I don't even know what that means

the first state of a two state image...usually the default or normal state.Start menu mouseovers sometimes show this first one...on some pc's.
PuterDudeJim
Reply #9 Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:30 AM

Thank you, I am now enlightened. A lot like states in DX.