Have Stardock's Coding Pigeons Gone On Strike??

cos everyone's outside paying more attention to the geese??

Sunday, June 8, 2008 by starkers | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Yep, that's the 64,000 dollar question: have Stardock's coding pigeons downed tools cos the geese (not to mention the spider-ducks) are getting too much attention? Or could it be that they've been into Brad's liquor cabinet again??? Now they can deny this - that the coding pigeons are into the grog - but there's evidence. I mean, how do they explain this....

Oops, it seems one of our coding pigeons has slipped... er, has fallen over drunk again, and we cannot show the page you rquested...

Has anybody else got this... a page error that suggests drunken coding pigeons? I suppose it's perfectly understandable, really... that they're feeling depressed and lonely, and hit the bottle because the entire Stardock staff has become infatuated with the geese (not to mention the spider-ducks), but still....

Whether it's perfectly understandable or not, however, Brad, being the smart and very sound businessman that he is, should know to keep his liquor under lock and key when it's known there's drunken birds on staff. For a start, pigeons are not known to be very good drinkers and are like dodos when it comes to flight... and those that do make it off the ground, well they ofen end up as aircraft jet engine food. So please, all Stardockers with liquor cabinets (and those with a sneaky flask in the desk drawer), please keep it under lock and key... I mean, you don't wanna be getting visits from PIMPS (Pigeons In Mortal Peril Society), now do ya.

Actually, that's not my biggest gripe! I mean, slow and no-go page loads can be annoying, but having a constant echo in the gallery comments area is downright annoying and embarrassing.... like I can't control tha parrot on me shoulder and stop it from mimicking my every word. Yep, every word I say... now this really needs to be looked at cos I don't need no parrot to make me look like a fool.

***yes, I have cleared all my cookies, thrice or more now... but the damned parrot...er, echo persists (two same-numbered posts every time)***

Oh, and another thing! What's with these target specific ads? More to the point, which Stardock staffer has a friend/relative in Aussie pest control? And is trying to drum 'em up some business? Yeah, I was in Karmagirl's 'spider-duck' thread and I got this ad for an Aussie pest control company... and yep, I was signed in/logged on. So what's that all about? Yeah, I got bitten by a nasty spider once - and we have/had a ginormous spider out in the shed, buy I/we don't need pest control. We have an abundance of fly swatters about the place, and if the creepy crawly requires something more substantial, I have several pairs of size 13 shoes about as well.... so no more pest control ads, OK?

In closing, I have a word of advice for Stardock staffers... look afer your coding pigeons and pay them more attention. And it's not petty jealousy over the geese and spider-ducks, either. They're very sensitive creatures and they will go downhill rapidly when feeling rejected, dejected and real lonesome inside.

Bebi Bulma
Reply #1 Sunday, June 8, 2008 3:00 AM
Ok I don't get it...what's with the geese thing?
Fuzzy Logic
Reply #2 Sunday, June 8, 2008 3:25 AM
2of3
Reply #3 Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:49 AM
I believe at the moment the "coding pigeons" consist of 1 man; Andrew.

I'd resort to drink too, if I were him
mrs_starkers
Reply #4 Sunday, June 8, 2008 10:16 AM
awwww Fazzy, I was hoping that you would have kept it quiet.Oh well now its time for me to see someone about aa meetings hic
mike b1954
Reply #5 Sunday, June 8, 2008 10:54 AM

hehehehee !        @ Starkers .... oh, man !!
starkers
Reply #6 Sunday, June 8, 2008 12:46 PM
Bebi.... I wos gonna say summat about which rock you bin hidin' un...

....but I won't. You've obviously been otherwise occupied, and this is what's with the gooses...er, geese. WWW Link

Oh, and Fuzzy, I'm glad that's not lame duck you're into there... otherwise you'd be getting about with a wobbly boot.

I believe at the moment the "coding pigeons" consist of 1 man; Andrew.

What? There's no coding pigeons... for real, that is??? Nah, you're just pulling my leg.. not t' mention tryin' t' get Andrew into trouble fer sneakin' in t' raid Brad's liquor cabinet again.! Besides, I seen the messages wot says them "coding pigeons slipped... er, fell over drunk."

aa meetings hic

Ah, so that's why I gotta code me own dinner into that fangled re-constituting gadget wot you bought at the Star Trek set auction??? Like I didn't have enough trouble figuring out the microwave!

hehehehee ! @ Starkers .... oh, man !!

Hehe, getting a visit from PIMPS wos one thing, but they have more to fear from TROLLOPS (Truly Obnoxious Loud & Lewd Overweight Pigeons Society), cos once they get their foot in the door all hell breaks loose.
wulfn1
Reply #7 Sunday, June 8, 2008 2:41 PM
You know it's not just the pigeons who are upset, this geese thing has totally messed with the whole place. The hampsters that run the servers have banded with the pigeons (yes those aren't bracelets on their tiny paws! ) to form P.A.R.D.O.N. M.E.!(pigeons and rodents distressed over neglect & mental etrangement ). I hear there's a new union trying to get a foothold at Stardock... and the pigeons and hampsters now have a voice , and demand to be heard.

I hear they are very polite but will not take no for an answer. I hear also they are conspiring to have geese downsized to one gosling working in the mail room,part time , and under no circumstances are there to be a group of goslings forming a spider gang to terrorize the regular livestock of the Stardock Staff.

(the opinions and comments expressed here are in no way meant to be construed as pro or con union organization and the Wulf is merely relating news she heard over the grapevine...behind the fence, near the pond)
wulfn1
Reply #8 Sunday, June 8, 2008 3:22 PM
seriously though, I have dumped temp internet files,cookies, history,forms data and even password data(though I don't usually save them there, ya never know what it saves.) and I dumped cookies created by forum at bottom of page, and still the forum threads aren't updating for me.
along with the rest of the issues that have been noted in this and other threads.
starkers
Reply #9 Sunday, June 8, 2008 10:53 PM
The hampsters that run the servers

They're still running hamsters in there??? Ah!!! Now that explains everything... with the new and improved, much bigger servers now at Stardock, they're supposed to be running them with warthogs (more robust, greater stamina) at the very least... tho draught horses were recommended (for the additional speed as well as robustness and stamina)

Now this is akin to running Vista on 512mb of RAM... and you'd think, with all the publicity regarding OSes/Servers not running too well on under-powered machines, Stardock would at least have a spritely mule running their Servers... but hamsters???

It's no wonder the coding pigeons are having difficulties... the poor lil hamsters (with their short, stumpy little legs) just can't keep up with 'em!

Personally, and I don't care who thinks they're cute, but I put the blame entirely on the geese... if they weren't living such extravagant lifestyles there at Stardock Gardens, eating all the best and most expensive food, the poor lil hamsters could have bigger and geared wheels so their short stumpy little legs didn't have to expend as much energy to get/keep those servers running.

Yup, it's a sad state of affairs... when critters at the lower end of the pecking order (hamsters and coding pigeons) are pressed into servitude/slave labour, while the upper echelon (geese and spider-ducks) live lives of leisure and luxury. In fact, it's so sad, I'm gonna contact POOP (Pigeons Organisation for Over-worked Pigeons) to make a complaint on their behalf... cos obviously they're kept to busy and not given access to a phone to do it themselves.

And while I'm at it, I may as well get in touch with SHITS (Serving Hamsters In Terrible Situations) as well.

Same here... only I'm relating what I heard down the street and around the corner from a talking billboard, whose cousin works as a secretary for TUSH (Trade Union for Servitude-sick Hamsters)
mike b1954
Reply #10 Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:34 PM

Good grief ... Laughing my socks off (metaphorically speaking hehe! ) I love this place ..

Vampothika
Reply #11 Monday, June 9, 2008 12:36 AM
so thats what the goose thing is about........O....K......
skybright
Reply #12 Monday, June 9, 2008 1:17 AM

I really missed the pigeons today!!! I didn't have anyone to talk to all afternoon. I finally had to be beducked. Yes that is a word!!!

btw did the geese eat our emoticons as well???
2of3
Reply #13 Monday, June 9, 2008 5:15 AM
The real culprit behind all these forum problems had been uncovered

He has been punished
ShelbyGT_The_Car
Reply #14 Monday, June 9, 2008 8:16 AM

Hate to say it - but these people work a lot of long hours.
Have a little respect for those people here myself. For I do about the same and it would really get under my skin to see such things as this about my work.
But it would also help to see people getting along better and trying to work out these things. Complaining and pointing fingers never got anything but a bunch of fighting going on.
Give it a break and look more in the mirror. Lots of times things break and it is not just someones fault. Oh please leave the animals alone.

GT
2of3
Reply #15 Monday, June 9, 2008 8:31 AM

Geez, I thought we were just having fun.

2of3 goes back to reread the thread in case he missed something
starkers
Reply #16 Monday, June 9, 2008 9:17 AM

Um, how far do I have to poke my tongue into my cheek before it becomes patently obvious that I'm playing court jester again??

wulfn1
Reply #17 Monday, June 9, 2008 10:20 AM
maybe we should preface our posts with the word "joke thread"?

2of3, the cute lines that are used for the error pages are done in fun, and so when we see them, we have a little fun with them. that's all we're doing. and yes there are people here who complain at the drop of a hat, in fact they don't even have to drop a hat to complain, but you'll not see those people in these threads, they are too busy crowding the forums with their complaint threads.

please don't take offense at our little jests. there are quite a few people here with wit and comedic style and I would hope no one represses their words , as it makes the forums a fun place to read.

now where did that goose waddle off to??......
Wizard1956
Reply #18 Monday, June 9, 2008 11:34 AM
The coding pigeons ,giant spiders,geese and ducks(oops,left out the turtle) are all part of the family.And if you can't poke fun at your family,who's left?
mrs_starkers
Reply #19 Monday, June 9, 2008 11:34 AM
now where did that goose waddle off to??......

oh um I cooked hime for our dinner tonight
wulfn1
Reply #20 Monday, June 9, 2008 11:53 AM
super, what time should I be there?!
wulfn1 grabs her napkin and runs toward the Starkers household...