A Tribute suite for BoXXi

Saturday, May 17, 2008 by TheD2JBug | Discussion: Community

I was just thinking about the community suite and stuff and an idea has come up that I wanna chuck at you.

I was thinking that we could do a tribute suite to someone who has recently left WC, that being BoXXi. He's been a big part of this community and I think we could all put together this suite as a tribute to someone who's meant a bit to the community.

I was thinking we could take one of his blind/icon sets and tweak/insert complete suite out of it

Thoughts?

ZubaZ
Reply #1 Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:58 PM
You rock.

I'm in as a tester or QA or spell-checking since I can't skin for shit.
cplair
Reply #2 Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:01 PM
spell-checking

Oh, no no no no no! Anything but that!

Wizard1956
Reply #3 Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:12 PM
Black Box was good., they were all good.I say go for it.My smiley are gone! (thumbs up)
Philly0381
Reply #4 Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:12 PM
TheD2JBug, a very nice and thoughtful community project. I'm sure that BoXXi would appreciate it.
messiah1
Reply #5 Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:24 PM
spell-checking since I can't skin for shit.

Now, I hate to be the one to tell you this Zu, but, uh, you can't speel for shit either.
zakai1369
Reply #6 Sunday, May 18, 2008 12:02 AM
Nice idea TheD2JBug
Chasbo
Reply #7 Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:25 AM
Good idea. One thing though, why did he leave? Is he OK? Did I miss that info?
Vampothika
Reply #8 Sunday, May 18, 2008 3:23 AM
sounds like a good idea bug.......  ill deffinatley put my hand up to tweak one of his wb's...(rubs hand together with utter glee)
Xiandi
Reply #9 Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:41 AM
Good idea. One thing though, why did he leave? Is he OK? Did I miss that info?

No info was given as to why he left, but he is missed. I want to be a part of this, if I may. Just let me know what I can do!
butch123
Reply #10 Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:44 AM
Nice idea
starkers
Reply #11 Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:40 AM

Yup, it has to be a goer.
mike b1954
Reply #12 Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:47 AM
Count me in too ... what a fab idea ..I echo starkers sentiments all the way ...

I always thought that his Mobo Windowblind was the best one he did , and he said that was one of his favourites .... WWW Link

This is a totally great idea... a tribute suite in BoXXi's honour would be a pretty special way to show the community's appreciation for his participation and wonderful contributions over the years.Yup, it has to be a goer.

PuterDudeJim
Reply #13 Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:57 AM
I could do a DX theme or a basic media player widget or the sort...
PuterDudeJim
Reply #14 Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:59 AM
Let us know what blind we are basing it on.
Xiandi
Reply #15 Sunday, May 18, 2008 11:26 AM
Let us know what blind we are basing it on.

or wallpapaer....or icon....or Xion....he really made a variety of things!
Wizard1956
Reply #16 Sunday, May 18, 2008 1:42 PM
Great, now we need a wb,a dream, log-on,wp,cursor,mp,icons,DX stuff,what else? What a tight community,I just got here and I miss BoXXi too. ( I think he will be pleased.   If you need a 32 bit vista tester,I'm in.
Vampothika
Reply #17 Sunday, May 18, 2008 6:42 PM
I was thinking 'fruitloops' would make a great tweaking project, it has no cursors, icons ect...dosent have any matching anything.....and i certainly could tweak the wb into something extra special.

then again, maybe we should vote on it? what does everyone think?

....i know fruitloops is very colourful.....but with my tweaking, it can still be gorgeous, but i would problibly tweak some of the colours and make it more unison and less fruitloopy.....but still delicious.........
Vampothika
Reply #18 Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:09 PM

sysmetrix, icons, xion, rainlender...the lot i reckon.....

.....a supersuite.
butch123
Reply #19 Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:27 PM
.......I just took a good look at MOBO....i think it has serious potenial also......sysmetrix, icons, xion, rainlender...the lot i reckon.....  .....a supersuite.

You are right thats an excellent pick of a windowblind.
TheD2JBug
Reply #20 Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:52 PM
Well So far we have
Fruitloops
Mobo
My thought was Creamware ( but there's an Xion skin and some cursors

My thought is let us all decide. And once we have a consenus ( mabye a poll ) we can then begin.

So give out your choices. If someone can list the potentials and have us kinda vote that would be great