Wednesday, May 7, 2008 by Zoomba | Discussion: WinCustomize News
Stardock is excited to announce the release of WindowBlinds 6.1 today. WindowBlinds is the easiest, and safest way to change the complete look and feel of both Windows Vista and XP by applying one of thousands of visual styles that are available.
These visual styles can change just about every element of the Windows user interface from the Start menu, task bar, title bar, push buttons, scrollbars, and nearly everything else in Windows.
The WindowBlinds 6.1 update is available to current customers as a free update, and users can upgrade either through Stardock Central or the Impulse preview. The WindowBlinds 6.1 release includes the following updates:
- Several maintenance and performance tweaks.
- Option to force start button to the middle of skins.
- Explorer background feature.
The Explorer Background feature allows users to change the background of their explorer, along with the background color and opacity. There are 30 different background textures to choose from, including a "no texture" option that lets you set just the color and transparency of the Explorer background.
WindowBlinds has a free download available for evaluation, and is $19.95 for the full enhanced version. WindowBlinds is also part of the Object Desktop suite of desktop enhancements.
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!