Favorites Menu and Spaces Between Toolbars

Saturday, May 3, 2008 by Xiandi | Discussion: Skinning

I am at a complete loss. I can't seen to get my favorites menu to skin. Anybody have any tips?

I also want to know if these white spaces between the toolbars can be removed, skinned or whatever. I want to make it look seamless.

I'm on XP pro using SKS6. Thanks in advance!

SKoriginals
Reply #1 Saturday, May 3, 2008 8:19 PM
The 'Favorites' menu is a bmp image and will not use transparency so make sure those are right.

The 'lines' are the horizontal and vertical separators and they can be skinned
Xiandi
Reply #2 Saturday, May 3, 2008 8:41 PM
It is a 24 bit .bmp

The 'lines' are the horizontal and vertical separators and they can be skinned

Where can I find them?

Vampothika
Reply #3 Saturday, May 3, 2008 8:51 PM
sk5/toolbar/toolbarhorizontal line & toolbar vertical line

(skin em with magic pink......) i have them in my ascension skin, they arent big....bout 2x2 pixel i believe......and make sure you check transparent..

SKoriginals
Reply #4 Saturday, May 3, 2008 8:58 PM
It is a 24 bit .bmp

That should be just fine, make sure you do not have 'flat' menus activated.

they arent big....bout 2x2 pixel

They can be up to 4 or 5 pixels wide (for vert, 4 or 5 high for horz) and just about any hieght (length for horz) and either tile or stretch. This gives you many options to play with them as they can be valuable depending on the skin and/or style.
Cavan1
Reply #5 Saturday, May 3, 2008 8:59 PM
Edit:

Beaten by better info.
Cavan1
Reply #6 Saturday, May 3, 2008 9:06 PM
SKS6; Theme part details, Toolbar and Rebar controls, Vert. and Hor. seperator.
Xiandi
Reply #7 Saturday, May 3, 2008 9:17 PM
Ok, I'll go get those seperators skinned.

The favorites menu looks right in the preview window of SKS, but will not apply for some reason.
Xiandi
Reply #8 Saturday, May 3, 2008 10:33 PM
I don't get it. Neither will skin for me.

The favorites menu looks right in the preview but will not apply. I do not have flat menus checked, it's a 24 bit bmp.

I've tried to skin the seperator in a couple of ways. The way Kitty suggested, 2x2 magic pink, has no effect. I also tried to make a 800x5 image with the pattern in it...no effect.

I'll try again in the morning. If anyone can think of anything else to try I would be grateful.

And thank you SK, Kitty and Cavan for your help so far!
voidcore
Reply #9 Friday, May 9, 2008 11:12 PM
is that IE7 i see?.. do they skin in windows explorer.. not IE then i mean..
Xiandi
Reply #10 Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:32 AM
I got it figured out, with a little help from Kitty.

I'm not sure why my 2x2 magic pink seperator was not working at first, but it's working now.

I had 'flat menu' checked in the favorites menu, so that was not skinning. (I don't remember EVER checking that box, but there is was.

voidcore, I'm not sure what you're saying/asking. Yes, it's IE7.
voidcore
Reply #11 Monday, May 12, 2008 5:43 AM
nevermind you got it working
NightTrainthedark
Reply #12 Monday, May 12, 2008 6:08 AM

That is checked by default in skin templates. Remeber this next time you make a skin.
Xiandi