KARMA , KARMA , KARMA ,KARMA

Karma Chameleon ..... Whats going on ? !!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 by mike b1954 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

So whats' this Karma Score all about then ..I just noticed it !!
Xiandi
Reply #1 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:37 AM
I've been seeing some karma scores going up too. When would you use it? Why would you use it?
Zoomba
Reply #2 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:39 AM
All will be revealed in the fullness of time
mike b1954
Reply #3 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:46 AM
Why thanks for the reply Zoomba !! I like wait and see's !! Looks like it may be fun !!

PS just noticed the Report Button too .. thumbs up for that !! I know a lot of people have wanted it back ..

( ... so when is the Watch this Post going to be fixed ? ? hehe    )
Xiandi
Reply #4 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:46 AM
I just discovered that you can click on the karma score and see where you got it from. Very cool.
mike b1954
Reply #5 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:49 AM
Ahaaaaaa !!

Well spotted Xiandi !! I also like the Announcement Panel at the top .. Great Idea !!
Jafo
Reply #6 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:49 AM

Jafo wonders where his '0' came from....

mike b1954
Reply #7 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:15 PM
Don't worry,Jafo .. I just gave you a Karma !! ( so you don't feel alone !!

mike b1954
Reply #8 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:17 PM
Great fun forum update guys !!
TheD2JBug
Reply #9 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:18 PM
go go negative karma!
ZubaZ
Reply #10 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:22 PM
And where can I spend my wuffie?
Fuzzy Logic
Reply #11 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:31 PM
It is a mystery, like, where did all my chocolate go?
mike b1954
Reply #12 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:31 PM
Oh for heavens'sake !! Just look at Zubaz' Karma ...

Funny how you can go off people really quick hehehehhe !!!

Pity there isn't a REPORT FAVOURITISM BUTTON hahahhaa !!

( and why is my text in the reply window really tiny ? )
andrew_
Reply #13 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:30 PM
Karma is a way to tell who on the forums is a helpful, fun or nice individual. The old Trolling/Insightful ratings were confusing to new users (yes, yes, i know) and the data was all munged and didnt really reflect your activity on a given site. The Karma system allows you to give others Karma if they are fun, helpful or whatnot. You can't take Karma away from people, so there's no more negativity. Only warm fuzzies. However, users who don't deserve Karma won't get it, so it'll be pretty obvious who is helpful and who isnt.

Those who have accelled to a high user level are also able to give people more Karma. So there is some benifit to having your user access level raised as well.
mike b1954
Reply #14 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:36 PM
Does the Karma get updated /returned to zero every day , or is it an ongoing score ?
ZubaZ
Reply #15 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:36 PM
Pity there isn't a REPORT FAVOURITISM BUTTON hahahhaa
I do wonder if reporting an user removes Karma.  Seems like there is potential for abuse either way.

Will have to wait and learn.

ZubaZ tries to find how much karma KarmaGirl has
Xiandi
Reply #16 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:44 PM

If ongoing, is there a max limit one person can get?
andrew_
Reply #17 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:44 PM
Ongoing, no limit. And there is no way to remove Karma by a normal user.
mike b1954
Reply #18 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:48 PM
tut ! .. at least I'm popular !! (
ZubaZ
Reply #19 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:58 PM
Is there a limit to howmuch karma one can give out in a day/week/year?
messiah1
Reply #20 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:59 PM
This seems like it's a fun idea.

Zubaz tries to find how much karma KarmaGirl has

Her nick used to be just Girl, but she got so much Karma...