All Progs Arrow 'State' Question

Monday, March 10, 2008 by Alternate Setting | Discussion: WindowBlinds

I'm working on my project WB and can't resolve a working 3 state arrow.

It's a fully customised button with the 'All Programs' text adjusted left and out of the image.

The Normal state displays as expected/correctly.

What should be mouseover/Highlighted state displays as the Pressed state.  The Pressed state displays as it should.

I've looked at a few WB's with similarly styled buttons.  Some skinners have chosen to duplicate an image in the three state frame. rather than elect for 3 different images.

I found in Elsdee which has attempted a distinct image for the Highlight state, the same as I'm finding in mine.  The button appearing to go directly from Normal to Pressed, with the Highlighted  state ignored.

I'd appreciate confirmation this is to be expected at the moment, and that the mouseover/Highlighted function doesn't present properly.

Thanks.

theAVMAN
Reply #1 Monday, March 10, 2008 9:54 AM
The button appearing to go directly from Normal to Pressed, with the Highlighted state ignored.

That all II have ever been able to get it to do!
Alternate Setting
Reply #2 Monday, March 10, 2008 10:58 AM
Thanks Harley, appreciate the reply.

Appreciate hearing if anybody else has a similar or differing experience of this?

Xiandi
Reply #3 Monday, March 10, 2008 11:09 AM
I've only made one blind, but I had the same problem. I'm sure I skinned it right, but it only shows 2 states.
2of3
Reply #4 Monday, March 10, 2008 11:12 AM
Same here

Similar to the mystery of why MDI buttons don't skin properly
theAVMAN
Reply #5 Monday, March 10, 2008 2:59 PM
MDI buttons don't skin properly

I don't know why but we lost those and skinning the menu bar correctly when per-pixel borders arived !!

But it was worth the trade off IMO.
2of3
Reply #6 Monday, March 10, 2008 3:35 PM
But it was worth the trade off IMO.

Totally