shoot me down in flames

animated window

Monday, February 11, 2008 by Chuckeye | Discussion: Skinning

OK This is probably an outrageously stoopid question, and I have no doubt others may have asked this.I am also prepared to incur the inevitable " that'll just eat your resources" or " No way doofus" comebacks, but here goes....  An ani,mated windows interface? Maybe for vista even? I want to get a cool skin done if I ever find enough time but I jus can't help wanting to make at least a few parts animated, for that.... wait for it....  "SUPERIOR"  look.    Seriously though- not possible???
Bebi Bulma
Reply #1 Monday, February 11, 2008 11:05 PM
There are a few skins with animation in them. Molten has an animated start panel, G-Pod (I believe) had scrolling text on the titlebar and I think one of dani's skins had animation on the titlebars as well.
I.R. Brainiac
Reply #2 Monday, February 11, 2008 11:09 PM
Windowblinds animations are very light on system recources.Lots of areas can be animated.
Chuckeye
Reply #3 Monday, February 11, 2008 11:10 PM
Thanks Bebi, I that's deadly, I guess there must be tutes somewhere and I have looked hard enough.

HG_Eliminator
Reply #4 Monday, February 11, 2008 11:22 PM
many WB's have animations SexPistons by Treetog for example..
Chuckeye
Reply #5 Monday, February 11, 2008 11:24 PM
and I have looked hard enough.

Sorry I meant to say haven't looked hard enoughed - haven't  This could all mean trouble for me, must not skin... must.. work.. must..not... skin

Skinhit
Reply #6 Monday, February 11, 2008 11:50 PM
Dont fight it Chuckeye...
I.R. Brainiac
Reply #7 Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:27 AM
HG brings up a good point...download some skins with animations and open them in Skinstudio(I prefer SKS 5 at this time...its easier to navigate)

Then you can see how they did it...better than a tutorial in my opinion.
Chuckeye
Reply #8 Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:45 AM
Thanx Brainiac, Skinhit, HG, Bebi, have downloaded and checked it out. Hmmm.... methinks something may happen here , I will also checkout ss5 ,6 was a little confusing... very purdy though. I wonder how far this animated skin thing could go? i wonder...mwuah,mwah, mwuaahhahahaaaargh

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #9 Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:50 AM
In SKS5 you can just click an element of the skin and it will automatically go to that section...very speedy.Tho...there are no Vista sections...if you want to tweak for vista you will have to finish up in SKS 6.
BoXXi
Reply #10 Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:38 AM
I've made quite a few animated WB skins. Beelzebub and clouds are two that spring to mind. And one called Glossamer. The most animated skin I have seen is Antares by Treetog, it's amazing, and has animations everywhere that it's possible to have an animation! Check 'em out........

Have Fun!!

Chuckeye
Reply #11 Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:46 AM
Thanks again everyone, it's great to get so much advice and encouragement. If I don't do something now, I will feel like I've let you all down, and what I've got in mind is a bit daunting, although I can't promise anything as cool as Treetog, Boxxi and the other Guru's are doing. I should have asked when I had more time up my trouser leg.   I know , now it's time for less mouth and more skin.     h NO WAY ! I just saw \MOLTEN/ sure, it's a wee bit "bogan" (an aussie saying) but yeah look at it go! YEAhhaar  I'm gonna have to change my taste regime, cos that's wicked.
Jafo
Reply #12 Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:27 AM

The most animated skin I have seen is Antares by Treetog, it's amazing,

Yes...that's why I still use it...all these years later....

HG_Eliminator
Reply #13 Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:36 AM
the classics never die.
I.R. Brainiac
Reply #14 Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:27 PM
Yep,Antares would be the top skin to check out animations...even without them,its a work of art.