Apogee to be updated for Vista?

Sunday, September 16, 2007 by bobbyhundreds | Discussion: Icons

Hi,
Does anyone know if the Apogee Icon set will be updated for Vista?
Thanks.
bobbyhundreds
Reply #1 Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:28 PM
I'm bumping this as I got an answer from Mormegil after mailing him.
The answer is yes they will be updated sometime round November which is good news.

Dunno if anyone else is interested but anyway there you go.
Gollums
Reply #2 Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:54 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the update. And if Mormegil checks this thread out - THANK YOU! Awesome!
c242
Reply #3 Tuesday, September 25, 2007 3:32 PM
Wow, that's good news. Hopefully the good intenton will not die as it happened in the past.
kongit
Reply #4 Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:24 AM
Just hoping that Apogee gets updated for Vista. All I noticed that is wrong is a couple of folders like Documents (no longer My Documents, etc) and the live folders. Barring that information on how to turn off the live folders would be just as nice as they are completely useless to me and I would just assume have regular folders in their place.
Inge18
Reply #5 Friday, December 28, 2007 9:13 AM
Yeah, I wonder if there will be any time when I can use this icon package. On XP I couldn't use it because it crashed IconX and/or explorer.exe regulary - and that's because of the Vista-ready-256-pixel-icons. OK, fine, Vista-ready is good I thought. Now I have Vista, but I can't use it either ... for the same reason kongit pointed out. The live folders are a problem.

So please: Don't let us wait too long for the Vista update ...
c242
Reply #6 Friday, January 4, 2008 7:08 AM
I think we should not hope for this to happen. ( It is really a shame that Paul isn't given the time to update some of his work (even buyable, which would raise some purchases again for this most complete set). I made some live folders on my own, but of course they are rough cuts only... But the same problem exists for other still available items in the shop. Think Toon and other great suites of other authors...
bobbyhundreds
Reply #7 Friday, January 4, 2008 7:23 AM
I think we should not hope for this to happen. It is really a shame that Paul isn't given the time to update some of his work (even buyable, which would raise some purchases again for this most complete set).

I agree so much with you C242.This is such an amazing set of icons and would look incredible on Vista.
As far as I am concerned it is the absolute pinnacle of quality as far as icon sets go but without those live folders (I have no clue how to make them as you have done  (  ) it's lacking in useability for Vista.
I would willingly pay for an update as I'm sure many would.
Well done man for breathing life into this thread again    hopefully Paul will spot it.

PS
I notice time was found to update them for the R.I.P. suite last October,I hope this wasn't a bad omen. (no Halloween pun intended   )
bobbyhundreds
Reply #8 Friday, January 4, 2008 7:59 AM

Indeed....I would love to see Vista updates for Essorant's skin set #2,the one with Khado, Gyre, Caracal, Raven and Jent.These are such killer skins and I really miss being able to use them. ( Oh and the Nuage set too,another cracking set of skins.
SteveGosselin
Reply #9 Friday, January 4, 2008 5:07 PM

Great news!
These are such killer skins and I really miss being able to use them.

Many XP skins works ok under Windows Vista.
bobbyhundreds
Reply #10 Thursday, February 14, 2008 4:44 AM
So much for these Apogee icons being updated.Poor show imo.  (
As for Essorant's skin pack 2,I mailed Essorant and he informs me that the skin set is actually owned by Stardock and has been updated for Vista but only for MyColors,so if I want it I would have to get MyColors and re-purchase the skin pack. (
I have bought pretty much everything Stardock has ever released as well as most master skins over months/years and I don't mind saying I feel a little disappointed by the lack of updates for these items.
Even some kind of discount off an update to these would be more than acceptable.

As things stand it doesn't say much for being a loyal customer does it?  (
c242
Reply #11 Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:06 AM
Well as said in another thread, I don't get what's the problem to let Paul throw some live folders into the pack. Can't be lack of time, seriously. But we had that. Remember ther even should be additional Icons to this and there has been a wishing thread also ? Never happened.

And I really think Paul is not the one to blame for that never happening. It is a real shame.
c242
Reply #12 Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:36 AM
Yeah, I saw many of already purchased skins or suites are planned to be updated via mycolors. Let's see if there is a discount for former buyers. Or perhaps I should buy Logica and Universe Metal a third time ? Who knows...
bobbyhundreds
Reply #13 Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:24 AM

True true C242,surely it can't be too time consuming.

I was very disappointed to hear that Essorant's skin pack was only Vista friendly for MyColors though. (
bobbyhundreds
Reply #14 Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:38 AM
Hey C242,good news! I just got this reply from Stardock after I mailed them on this subject.......

Hi Jon,
Actually, the skin pack has been updated for Vista, but it hasn’t been released yet. When it does release, you will get an upgrade to it.
Apogee is also being updated, and will be released when it is finished.It just takes time to get all these products updated to Vista.
Thanks for your feedback!
Angela

c242
Reply #15 Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:58 AM
Ah, okay, good news finally.
SteveGosselin
Reply #16 Friday, February 15, 2008 11:38 PM
@bobbyhundreds: Good news, thanks for the info!
frich.
Reply #17 Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:46 PM
what's the word?
KarmaGirl
Reply #18 Tuesday, April 1, 2008 9:03 PM

Both are on my list of things to get done.  I just need to get them in the QA schedule so that I can get them packaged up and released.  So,  both the Essorant packs and Apogee will be updated for Vista.  However, the Apogee upgrade will not be free since it required a major overhaul to Vistafy it (remember the way the folders faced?)

SteveGosselin
Reply #19 Tuesday, April 1, 2008 9:07 PM

No problemo, I'm ready to buy this upgrade.
bobbyhundreds
Reply #20 Wednesday, April 9, 2008 9:38 AM
No problemo, I'm ready to buy this upgrade.

Ditto