How do you install downloaded docks?

Sunday, July 22, 2007 by spirit_presents | Discussion: ObjectDock

I just downloaded a lot of docks that I like, but I am unable to use them as my dock. How do I make them my dock?
eieio
Reply #1 Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:33 PM
Doubleclick the file? Should be dockname.dockzip

It will install itself into your Objectdock Library. You then will change dock entry properties for each dock item to use the new dock icon of your choice.
spirit_presents
Reply #2 Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:38 PM
Yeah I didn't save any of the files as .dockzip so I gotta change em all to the right file type. Thanks though
boss0190
Reply #3 Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:46 PM
If they are .zip files...unzip them and put them in C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Dock\Backgrounds...then they will show in your "Appearance" backgrounds list.
Island Dog
Reply #4 Monday, July 23, 2007 9:31 AM
Here is an article on how to change the backgrounds in ObjectDock.

jaidaksghost
Reply #5 Monday, July 23, 2007 9:52 AM
if you change the .zip file extension to .dockzip you should be able to doubleclick it. that approach works with other stardock file types too (especially when dealing with some DX files). the only noted exceptions i have found are some logonxp files and of course iconpackager files.

Boss0190's approach is the failsafe of course. you can trust him he knows what he's doin.
donprivate
Reply #6 Saturday, September 5, 2009 10:25 PM

jaidaksghost

I have tried that. OD crashes everytime I try.

Bichur
Reply #7 Saturday, September 5, 2009 11:25 PM

sometimes a .zip is a .zip and shouldn't be changed

boss0190

djsquirt
Reply #8 Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:54 PM

I am having trouble getting the stardock to put the one i picked on my laptop I have windows 7 Home Premium and it is not working tell me what am I doing wrong I need directions please

Hankers
Reply #9 Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:18 PM

djsquirt

Are you using the free version of ObjectDock and which one did you pick?

A link to the one you picked would be helpful.

Also, the last comment before yours was 3 years ago. You should start your own post as ObjectDock has changed since then.