Missing Midi Buttons in WB5

Monday, December 11, 2006 by boopish | Discussion: Skinning

Ok...so what am I doing wrong here??? I have tried six ways from Sunday to get these babies to show up properly...am using the latest version of SkinStudio. I have tried using a .bmp instead of a .png.... they show up perfectly in WB4...but not WB 5!!! (yes, they are 108 x 15 in size. Yes, they show up in the preview, but not when you apply the blind. Anyone have a solution???
Kinjin
Reply #1 Tuesday, January 9, 2007 12:29 PM
Make sure the setting under the actual file is set to transparency enabled. If it isn't an option right click and "add" it. Then you can play with the transparent and translucent check boxes see what works.
boopish
Reply #2 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 5:49 PM
Thanks, Kinjin...will try just about anything at this point!!!
CerebroJD
Reply #3 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:57 PM
WB5, using per-pixel titlebars, will not display MDI buttons under Windows XP.  Known bug, I believe, that doesnt have a fix yet.  Sorry...
Daiwa
Reply #4 Thursday, January 11, 2007 3:02 PM
"Limitation" rather than a bug, as I recall.
Kinjin
Reply #5 Monday, January 15, 2007 1:22 PM
I'm only on my 2nd skin, and I am not using per pixel. But, I remember having problems with the same buttons on my first skin. This time was a real bear. I finally changed the entire look. All the images are to exact specs. In skin studio, they don't show up at all, but when I apply the theme, they display and work with no problems. After enabling/disabling transparency, using transparency/translucency check boxes and every imaginable combination, I couldn't get it to show in skin studio and actually work at the same time. I just left it so it gives me black boxes in skin studio, but actually works in xp. Works...I'm not messing with it further
boopish
Reply #6 Tuesday, January 16, 2007 1:12 AM
Thanks everyone....
Bushman
Reply #7 Wednesday, January 17, 2007 1:29 PM
This is just one of the limits and or problems of SkinStudio when applying the per-pixel images and buttons you lose the Window Frames and buttons all together. I hope that some of these things get straightened out soon. Makes for a lot of extra work when it's not needed.