Do you think it's a rip or mod?

Sunday, June 25, 2006 by JJ-Ying | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Just read the post https://www.wincustomize.com/Articles.aspx?AID=121543&c=1#942950 at WC front page and noticed that the PowerArchiver skin contest was over and The FrostBite by Marc A. Foumberg won the 3rd place, I suddenly found it looks very very like my wb skin created last spring - EulB http://jjying.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SID=6552&SkinID=4867&LibID=1

I pointed out then, but he just said: I created the images my self. The colors are the same however

Also, I mentioned his anoter skin - Slate is perheps a RIP of KOL's Sustenance, Then , his answer is: As for Slate. Thats MS's design. Created from screenshots. Many people mimic different OS themes. I have no more claim to it than anyone else.

Is it a rip?

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #1 Sunday, June 25, 2006 3:34 AM

You need to speak to Stardock directly about this, the PowerArchiver contest is nothing to do with WinCustomize. Preferably the conversation should take place in private

thomassen
Reply #2 Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:01 AM
Errh... When did MS design a skin like his Slate? I'd like to see the screenshots he used.
I won't get more into this. I'm sure it's being sorted out.
NightTrainthedark
Reply #3 Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:47 AM

EULB= as big as a rip as they get. Hard to believe he is STILL denying it.

Slate skin + Mod. He didn't use the same images , he just copied the design.

MadDeez
Reply #4 Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:06 AM
whether it's a RIP or not, discussions such as this should be done privately. by holding court in public, things will be said that needn't be by people who are not remotely involved. that's my opinion, anyway.
NightTrainthedark
Reply #5 Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:25 AM

I held out for hours before I was automatically offering my opinion Snidely. The drama just takes over.

aimzzz
Reply #6 Sunday, June 25, 2006 1:01 PM
I agree with Fuzzy & Snidely- this issue should not be resolved publicly- in fact it can't be resolved publicly. The facts are not determined by how many people think one thing or the other. A resolution can come only after the people in charge of the contest review the information.

A poll of peoples' opinions will serve no purpose other than to rile people up. If it were up to me, I would lock this thread & move on.

MHO, of course...